Good morning everybody! By the time this post goes up, I will have been awake for nearly four hours. Woooooo! Alright, not woo. But here are some links that should brighten up your day.
In Mariners news...
- Some more coaching news.
AAA @DurhamBulls manager Jared Sandberg has interviewed with #Rays and also with hometown #Mariners for big-league field coordinator positions. Said he has some other opportunities to consider as well, not sure yet what will happen.— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) November 14, 2018
- In an interview with Larry Stone of the Seattle Times, Mariners bench coach Manny Acta offered a staunch rebuke of the accusations of racism against manager Scott Servais, who he has known for 30 years.
Around the league...
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs makes cases for George Steinbrenner and Lou Piniella to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- The Astros are just getting poached.
- The Yankees are reportedly concerned about Manny Machado’s attitude as they ponder pursuit of the top free agent.
- Whitney McIntosh outlines four teams who would be able to handle all of the baggage that Machado brings with him.
- The Indians and Pirates completed a five-player swap, but none of the players involved were household names.
- I mean, what did we expect?
Red Sox have agreed to a new deal with Alex Cora, including a one-year extension through 2021 and club option for 2022.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) November 14, 2018
- Congratulations to Shoreline native Blake Snell! I’m also surprised that Blake Treinen received three times the number of points that Edwin Díaz did.
Rays' Blake Snell wins close vote over Justin Verlander for AL Cy Young Award. Mariners closer Edwin Diaz got four fifth-place votes to finish eighth in the voting. pic.twitter.com/gAe87ghkxQ— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) November 14, 2018
- And this is very good to see.
Official: Jacob deGrom has won the National League Cy Young Award.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) November 14, 2018
- Sam Miller at ESPN wonders why MLB managers tend to be short.
- Japan officially defeated the MLB All-Stars in the exhibition series.
- A sobering game for the defending champs.