Nothing beats a three day weekend. It really adds value to Sunday. Take all day to read these links and take Monday off. Major key.
In Mariners News...
- Dave Neihaus passed 10 years ago yesterday.
Eight years ago today, we lost our voice—the iconic Dave Niehaus.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) November 10, 2018
He may be gone from this world, but the Cooperstown-worthy calls echo eternally. pic.twitter.com/paF2uFAgor
- Read about Jake Fraley and the swing change that sparked his breakout year.
- Greg Johns broke down how the Mariners will try to replace Mike Zunino.
- A couple of Mariners represented MLB in the Japan All-Star Series.
Haniger 0-for-2 and former Mariner Erasmo Ramirez takes the loss after giving up six hits and five runs in 3 innings as the starter. https://t.co/5gXHreIlAg— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) November 10, 2018
- Be careful, Marco.
Can’t wait to see UW get steamrolled in the Kennel. https://t.co/qNt0Gb35Ja— Marco Gonzales (@MarcoGonzales_) November 10, 2018
- Perry Hill is the Mariners’ new infield coach.
Perry HIll is the Mariners new infield coach, per his Twitter bio.— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) November 10, 2018
The 66-year-old was most recently infield/first-base coach with the Marlins, a role he had since 2013. He'd been with the Marlins organization for more than a decade, before the team opted to part ways. pic.twitter.com/eSdiXrwQW1
- Dee Gordon posted welcoming Perry Hill to the organization.
- Ryan Garton is sticking with the Mariners.
Minor #Mariners move that you might have missed: RH reliever Ryan Garton re-signed with the organization on a minor-league deal. Spent last year at Triple-A Tacoma.— Bob Dutton (@ByBobDutton) November 9, 2018
- Here’s an idea of what the Mariners can get for a player like James Paxton.
Spoke to a rival executive about what a package for James Paxton would look like. “The Mariners will start with Andujar or Florial. Think the Yankees deny them there like the did with Gerrit Cole. Sheffield will be a definite. Albert Abreu could be in play, too.”— Dan Federico (@DanJFederico) November 10, 2018
- Cut4 discusses possible landing spots for Nelson Cruz.
Around the League...
- Bryce Harper was almost an Astro.
- Chris Sale compares favorably to Randy Johnson through 200 career starts.
89% of you chose Chris Sale! pic.twitter.com/lo4LWNgPhJ— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) November 10, 2018
- I went to a Kip Moore concert last night and it was awesome. Name the best concert you have ever been to.