Offseason? Never heard of it. Although games aren't being played, there is plenty to follow around the league. Let’s get to it!
In Mariners News...
- In case you missed it, the Mariners added infielder Dylan Moore. Here’s John’s breakdown of the signing.
- Here are a handful of team interested in James Paxton’s services.
#Yankees among teams that have spoken to #Mariners about a trade for LHP James Paxton, sources tell The Athletic. Paxton has two years of control left and is projected by @mlbtraderumors to earn $9M in arbitration next season. NYY also on free-agent LH starters Corbin, Happ, etc.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 9, 2018
- Kyle Lewis, Julio Rodriguez, and Evan White are putting in that offseason work.
- Safeco no longer holds the naming rights to Safeco Field. Who do you want to take their place?
After 20 seasons, Safeco Field’s signage comes down.— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) November 10, 2018
The Mariners are in the process of securing another naming-rights deal.
: Alan Berner / The Seattle Times pic.twitter.com/cjww9BxJKP
- 26 years ago yesterday, Lou Piniella was named Mariners manager.
- Checkout this interview of Mallex Smith.
#Mariners fans: Zunino and Heredia will obviously be missed, but you'll love Mallex Smith in a hurry. Our interview with him earlier this year about his personal scouting notebook was fascinating and hilarious. Just an awesome dude: https://t.co/RVXnD1zdn1 pic.twitter.com/BXKZwugX4B— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) November 9, 2018
Around the League...
- Nolan Arenado received high praise for his glove again.
- Matt Chapman won the American League Platinum Glove.
- Joe Mauer officially retired after 15 seasons.
- The Dodgers released Chase Utley to facilitate his retirement.
- Cut4 detailed the potential landing spots for Craig Kimbrel.
- It was Bob Gibson’s 83rd birthday yesterday.
Happy 83rd birthday to one of the best to ever do it. pic.twitter.com/aYUnh9mU3A— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) November 9, 2018