Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a pleasant Halloween. Here are some stories to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Anyone make anything that looked like this? Or something else Mariners-themed?
- Edgar Martínez talked about his decision to step away from the Mariners’ coaching staff.
- Larry Stone at The Seattle Times previewed the Mariners’ upcoming offseason.
- We’ve got a couple more moves from the M’s.
More roster moves...Mariners outright Justin Grimm and Ryan Cook to Tacoma. 40-man roster now at 35.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) October 31, 2018
Around the league...
- Mike Petriello previews Nelson Cruz’s upcoming free agency and notes a few teams that might be interested in his services.
- The Nationals have agreed to a deal with right-handed reliever Trevor Rosenthal.
- Carson Cistulli at Fangraphs tries to figure out how valuable each current manager would be as a player today.
- We’ve got another coaching change.
- Brett Gardner will be coming back to the Yankees after all.
Yankees announce they have signed Brett Gardner to a one-year deal after declining his $12.5m option. pic.twitter.com/MoUlTsW7kW— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) October 31, 2018
- Well, he’ll be staying in the division.
- David Price will not exercise his opt out and instead will stick around with the Red Sox.
- Clayton Kershaw also has an opt-out clause, but it looks like the two sides are trying to work something out.
- Hall of Famer Willie McCovey passed away yesterday. Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this time.