Good morning everyone! Yesterday, the Braves and Indians were eliminated, which means that the Brewers, Dodgers, and Astros will all advance to the LCS. The Red Sox could punch their ticket with a win tonight against the Yankees. Here’s what else you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- Greg Johns answers some questions about the direction the Mariners will go this offseason in his latest mailbag.
- Corey Brock at The Athletic wonders if it’s time for the M’s to trade Jean Segura. ($)
- Congrats, Evan!
Around the league...
- It really was a historic offensive game for the Red Sox yesterday.
The #RedSox had 21 batted balls 95 MPH+ yesterday... That ties for the most they've had in a game all season.— Daren Willman (@darenw) October 9, 2018
- Whitney McIntosh talked to a professional stylist about Luke Voit’s strange style.
- The loss by the Indians last night continued an unfortunate streak.
Indians have lost 9 straight potential elimination games, the longest streak in MLB postseason history.— Katie Sharp (@ktsharp) October 8, 2018
- The Marlins will be making many major league coaching changes this offseason.
- It looks like regardless of the result for the Yankees this year, CC will be back.
CC Sabathia says he definitely wants to pitch next year. #Yankees— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 8, 2018
- Nolan Arenado blamed the Rockies bats for the team’s lack of postseason success this year.
- No charges will be filed against Twins third baseman Miguel Sanó, who ran into a cop the other day.
- Ángel Hernández had a tough day yesterday; three of his calls at first base were overturned.
- Brock Holt hit for the cycle yesterday, which was the first-ever postseason cycle.
- The Rays have extended manager Kevin Cash.
- The former University of Washington star will not play for the Spurs this season.
Dejounte Murray ACL. Yikes. pic.twitter.com/y0SUINhAAH— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 8, 2018
- Maybe the Mariners need one of these.