Hello everybody! Let’s get you some links as the postseason continues.
In Mariners news...
- Want to know where the Mariners stand as we enter the winter? Greg Johns has all of the team contract details.
- Shannon Drayer reports that the Mariners will get Mike Zunino and Dee Gordon to work on their plate discipline this offseason.
Around the league...
- An A’s fan in the Bronx had a cup of beer thrown at him during the Wild Card Game, but the A’s reached out to gift him with some new memorabilia.
- Christian Yelich has been on fire lately.
Since September 1st, the Brewers have scored 149 runs.— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) October 4, 2018
Christian Yelich has either scored or driven in 50 of those runs. That's just over 33%.
The dude is locked in. pic.twitter.com/YMUN4T9owO
- Chris Sale was having none of this reporter’s question.
Question: Talk about your success against the Yankees this season.— Chad Amaral (@Chad_Amaral) October 4, 2018
Chris Sale: "No" pic.twitter.com/FtxNHk3QyD
- Ken Rosenthal also reported that Dave Valle is likely to get a strong look for the Blue Jays’ managerial role.
Among names #BlueJays likely to consider for MGR, per sources: Eric Wedge, John McDonald, Stubby Clapp, David Bell, Sandy Alomar Jr. All but Clapp have ties to Shapiro-Atkins from CLE. Wedge in Jays’ org since ‘16. McDonald played for TOR ‘06-‘11; Clapp is native of Windsor, Ont.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) October 4, 2018
- Javier Báez explained what went wrong for the Cubs down the stretch, citing a lack of focus as being a key factor.
- The A’s misfortune in the Wild Card Game continued a sad trend for Oakland.
The A’s have dropped eight straight winner-take-all games, the longest streak in Major League history. They have not won one since Game 7 of the 1973 World Series.— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) October 4, 2018
- I guess you could say Craig was looking for some...Counsell yesterday.
Best story: Reporter stops for coffee, wearing a Packers shirt. Man in line says, "Wrong shirt. Should be Brewers." They laugh, and the man says: "I just drove the manager to the ballpark. He's nervous." Reporter asks if he's an Uber driver. "No," the man says. "I'm his father."— Thomas Koetting (@tkoetting) October 4, 2018
- Jeff Sullivan takes a look at the rebirth that Dellin Betances went through.
- Claire McNear at The Ringer wonders why NFL teams have cheerleading squads.
- A LIVE ACTION STAR WARS TV SHOW COMING IN 2019.