Good morning everyone and welcome to the offseason! The Red Sox are 2018 World Series champs and now we will sit in the baseball void. Oh, but don’t worry. I’m sure Jerry Dipoto will make a deal in...*checks watch*...about 57 hours. So hopefully we can keep you entertained until then.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners probably held some internal meetings or something. Who knows?
Around the league...
- The Mets have found their new general manager; they will reportedly hire player agent Brodie Van Wagenen.
- This is great!
The MLB Diversity and Inclusion Department will host a two-day event for women interested in careers in baseball. Only 60 women are selected. Apply today. https://t.co/kx0mB7tmG7— Justine Siegal (@justinebaseball) October 28, 2018
- Rob Manfred doesn’t think that we need to make an effort to prevent playoff games from going 18 innings.
- Grant Brisbee defends the bullpen decisions that Dave Roberts made in Game 4.
- ESPN analyst Jessica Mendoza was voted into the Softball Hall of Fame.
- Baseball is weird.
Joe Kelly, who finished with one of the 25 highest walk rates among all regular relievers this season, has 13 playoff strikeouts and zero playoff walks— Jeff Sullivan (@based_ball) October 29, 2018
- The Seahawks had a pretty funny baseball-related touchdown celebration yesterday.