Good morning everyone! The World Series begins tonight! Here are some stories to keep you occupied before tonight’s game.
In Mariners news...
- The 710 ESPN staff broke down this past season for the Mariners.
Around the league...
- For those of you who are interested in knowing the umpires...
MLB announces World Series umpire assignments: pic.twitter.com/S74qMFEHY7— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) October 22, 2018
- Michael Baumann at The Ringer thinks the Red Sox should play Mookie Betts at second base in order to get everyone into their lineup.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs looks into what the worst case scenario is for the Astros.
- They’ve added a new feature at Fenway Park.
there’s a new wall installation at fenway park pic.twitter.com/Z4EnjQOnuA— joon (@joonlee) October 5, 2018
- The Mets have their GM finalists.
Source: Chaim Bloom, Doug Melvin and Brodie Van Wagenen are the Mets' three GM finalists. They will conduct call-back interviews beginning tomorrow. All other candidates are out.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) October 22, 2018
The Diamondbacks have a three-year deal in place with infielder Eduardo Escobar. Announcement coming soon.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) October 22, 2018
- The Marlins signed a pair of highly-touted brothers from Cuba.
- The Rangers will reportedly not make a qualifying offer to Adrián Beltré.
- Whitney McIntosh ranks every player in the World Series.
- How do you feel about this, Lookout Landing faithful?
THE ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN CANDY POWER RANKINGhttps://t.co/4oiNrOZYfY pic.twitter.com/QFLN50sRYR— FiveThirtyEight (@FiveThirtyEight) October 23, 2018
- The Huskies are ranked! Gonzaga is third.
Keep working.— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) October 22, 2018
The Huskies are No. 25 in the AP Preseason Poll.
>> https://t.co/RgpbLrajgH #TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/xLHucNjBqh