Good morning everyone! We had a couple of pretty exciting games in the playoffs yesterday. That and more on today’s docket...
In Mariners news...
- Greg Johns talked to David Phelps about how he’s approaching this offseason.
Around the league...
- In case you missed it, the Brewers baffled everyone when Wade Miley started the game by facing just one batter.
- In the ALCS, there was some drama when a fan interfered with a potential home run for José Altuve.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that Clayton Kershaw can’t pitch in the playoffs.
Clayton Kershaw: 8th postseason start allowing 1 run or fewer and 3 hits or fewer.— Katie Sharp (@ktsharp) October 18, 2018
No one else in MLB history has more than 5 such starts.
- Some news on a former Mariner...
Rangers interim manager Don Wakamatsu interviewed with Texas yesterday— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 17, 2018
- Yasiel Puig really is something.
love this quote about Manny Machado's running that @MarcCarig got from Yasiel Puig, in which Puig cites himself, and Chris Taylor twice pic.twitter.com/oumWqTNi31— Jeff Sullivan (@based_ball) October 17, 2018
- Major League Baseball will not take action against the Astros for their sign stealer...for now.
- Jeff Passan wonders why the league is reacting to this Astros issue in the way that it is.
- John Paschal at The Hardball Times re-names every American League stadium.
- The Christian Yelich-Manny Machado beef continues.
After Yelich finished answering questions about Machado, he walked away from his locker and blurted out: “F - - k that mother- - - - er.”— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) October 17, 2018
- Rockies reliever Seunghwan Oh is considering returning to Korea.