Hey everyone! We had a pretty exciting day in baseball yesterday. The Red Sox crushed the Astros while the Dodgers squeaked out a win in a 13-inning thriller over the Brewers. We’ve got more coming up today, but here are some links to keep you occupied in the meantime.
In Mariners news...
- Brendan Gawlowski at The Athletic takes a look at what an offseason for the Mariners would look like if they went all in. ($)
- Ian Miller is showing off some power down in Arizona.
Ian Miller blasts a 3-run HR! Congrats @8rellimnai on 1st AFL HR!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) October 16, 2018
Around the league...
- David Ortiz got pretty amped over that Jackie Bradley, Jr. grand slam.
- Rockets stars Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony showed up at the Astros-Red Sox game yesterday.
- It’s officially gone!
- A couple of interesting names are floating around for the Blue Jays managerial opening.
Sam Fuld and Rocco Baldelli have made strong impressions on the #BlueJays in their managerial search, sources tell The Athletic. No apparent front-runner; other, unidentified candidates are believed to be just as strongly in the mix.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) October 16, 2018
- We’ve got another minor trade during the postseason!
Breaking: The @Marlins have traded Minor Leaguer OF Adonis Giron and LHP Brayan de Paula to the #Astros for an undisclosed amount of international bonus pool money. The two prospects played for the #Marlins Dominican Summer League team.— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) October 16, 2018
- Kim Ng pops up for yet another GM opening.
Orioles GM search has been quiet to date but one name that’s just surfaced is Kim Ng. There is definite interest on O’s part.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 16, 2018
- Chili Davis is blaming younger players for his getting fired by the Cubs.
- The Astros might be stealing signs in a pretty shady way this postseason. Jeff Passan has the story.
- Enrique Hernandez apologized for coming after Dodgers fans for their lack of energy.
- The Angels have opted out of their current ballpark lease.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs wonders what’s going on with catchers’ defensive abilities lately.
- Clayton Kershaw still hasn’t decided whether he’ll opt out of his contract with the Dodgers or not.
- Christian Yelich called Manny Machado a dirty player yesterday. Looks like we’ve got some beef on our hands.