Good morning everybody! It looks like everyone’s favorite bandwagon team — the Brewers — pulled out a shutout victory last night. The Red Sox-Yankees series will also resume today. Exciting times! Here’s what else is going on.
In Mariners news...
- Heck yes Nellie!
- The Mariners cut a few more minor leaguers.
4 more minor leaguers released on Monday. pic.twitter.com/sAIRVDT4DB— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) October 16, 2018
Around the league...
- Steve Buckley at The Athletic went to Canada to find out why Canadians love the Red Sox so much. ($)
- So there’s one guy who definitely won’t be a free agent.
Scrolling through the upcoming free agents and ... oh, right. I imagine "not opting out" is a pretty safe bet. pic.twitter.com/E3AhTsV4MG— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) October 15, 2018
- If you thought any of your job interviews were extreme...
#Angels administering 2-hour written test to managerial candidates, sources say, with questions spanning analytical, interpersonal and game-management aspects of the job. Sign of the rigor involved in the position across @MLB, with 6 teams looking for a new manager. @MLBNetwork— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) October 15, 2018
- The Braves’ manager is sticking around.
Braves announce two-year extension for Snitker with club option for 3rd year. Fair deal for job well done.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 15, 2018
- The Orioles’ front office the last few years has really been a mess, writes Camden Chat.
- In case you forgot how good this guy was.
Greg Maddux also threw one of the filthiest Two Seamers of all time in the Eric Gregg game. pic.twitter.com/41Lisfe7yl— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) April 23, 2018
- Sporting News named Ronald Acuña their National League Rookie of the Year.
- Former big league utilityman Mark DeRosa turned down an offer to interview for the Rangers managerial role.
- This might be the best internet remix ever.
- Rest in peace, Paul.