Good morning everyone! Baseball is back today as the Brewers and Dodgers do battle this evening. For now, here are some links to get you through your day.
In Mariners news...
- MLB Pipeline selected its Mariners prospects of the year.
- Jason Churchill at Prospect Insider says it’s up to John Stanton to put a winning team on the field.
Around the league...
- Britni de la Cretaz at The Ringer looked at the evolution of women in play-by-play broadcasting.
- ESPN has hired Jeff Passan from Yahoo! with the plan of turning him into their top MLB insider.
- Carlos Correa is struggling with back issues but must fight through it in the playoffs.
- Ben Harris at The Athletic profiled Corrine Landrey, who went from being a music teacher to working in the Phillies front office. ($)
- Things aren’t looking good for the Reds and one of their top prospects.
Confirmed that top #reds prospect Nick Senzel will need elbow surgery to remove bone spurs. @nightengalejr first reported.— Mark Sheldon (@m_sheldon) October 11, 2018
- Adam Wainwright has re-signed with the Cardinals for 2019.
- Jeff Fletcher discussed where the Angels may go with their managerial opening.
- The Cubs have parted ways with hitting coach Chili Davis.
- Yankees reliever David Robertson will represent himself in free agency this winter.
- Here’s what would happen if baseball had relegation, per Carson Cistulli.
- Patrick Redford at Deadspin talked about Free Solo, the new movie about a man who climbs imposing cliff-sides without a rope.