In Mariners news...
- MLB Pipeline selected its Mariners prospects of the year.
- Jason Churchill at Prospect Insider says it’s up to John Stanton to put a winning team on the field.
Around the league...
- Britni de la Cretaz at The Ringer looked at the evolution of women in play-by-play broadcasting.
- ESPN has hired Jeff Passan from Yahoo! with the plan of turning him into their top MLB insider.
- Carlos Correa is struggling with back issues but must fight through it in the playoffs.
- Ben Harris at The Athletic profiled Corrine Landrey, who went from being a music teacher to working in the Phillies front office. ($)
- Things aren’t looking good for the Reds and one of their top prospects.
- Adam Wainwright has re-signed with the Cardinals for 2019.
- Jeff Fletcher discussed where the Angels may go with their managerial opening.
- The Cubs have parted ways with hitting coach Chili Davis.
- Yankees reliever David Robertson will represent himself in free agency this winter.
- Here’s what would happen if baseball had relegation, per Carson Cistulli.
- Patrick Redford at Deadspin talked about Free Solo, the new movie about a man who climbs imposing cliff-sides without a rope.