Hello everybody! Just one more day until the League Championship Series begins. Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- MLB.com provides a recap of what happened in the Arizona Fall League yesterday.
Around the league...
- Some Yankees fans seem to be frustrated that they have to watch a four-win player for the next nine years.
- For those of you who need something good to look forward to...
No baseball until Friday so here's a look at what the Hall of Fame ballot may look like next month according to the eligible players listed at @baseball_ref. (It's very likely that the Hall's screening committee will leave a few of the first-time eligibles off the ballot.) pic.twitter.com/mKSgwp0gz0— Ryan Thibodaux (@NotMrTibbs) October 10, 2018
- This is super early for a trade but here we are.
The Nationals have acquired righty reliever Kyle Barraclough from the Marlins for international slot money. He’s 28, 3.21 ERA with an 11.48 K/9 in his career. Should provide middle relief stability. Big get.— Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) October 10, 2018
- The Diamondbacks are essentially the Mariners of the National League in the sense that they’re at a major organizational crossroads this offseason.
The Arizona #Dbacks could be the most popular team this winter among GMs with the Dbacks expect to strip down the team and rebuild, with virtually everyone on the trade block. They'd love to move Zack Greinke, and will even listen on franchise icon Paull Goldschmidt.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 10, 2018
- Submarine reliever Brad Ziegler has announced that he will retire.
- If you need some fun reading material, Richard Deitsch at The Athletic gathered some stories from writers who had to cover really bad teams. ($)
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs wonders how much you can blame Aaron Boone for the Yankees’ playoff failures.
- Here are some names to watch out for in the Rangers’ search for a new manager.
- Grant Brisbee ranks each potential World Series matchup.
- This is happening today!