Good morning everyone! We’re officially done with the Division Series, which means we won’t have any baseball until Friday. Hopefully these stories will help you get through your baseball-free day.
In Mariners news...
- Evan White looks to be picking up where he left off.
#Mariners No. 2 prospect Evan White hits an RBI double in the third for Peoria #AZFallLeague pic.twitter.com/fn9bpn54kC— Jake Rill (@JakeDRill) October 9, 2018
#Mariners prospect Evan White with his second RBI double of the day. He has reached base in all four of his plate appearances. #AZFallLeague pic.twitter.com/6IjDhqQXk0— Jake Rill (@JakeDRill) October 9, 2018
- Ian Miller was a hero too!
#Mariners No. 20 prospect Ian Miller hits a walk-off RBI single to lift Peoria to an 8-7 win over Glendale on #AZFallLeague Opening Day pic.twitter.com/h53sOZQdpz— Jake Rill (@JakeDRill) October 9, 2018
Around the league...
- The latest edition of Short Relief includes Kate talking about Max Fried and one particular pitch he threw in the playoffs.
- He might be a huge Mariner killer, but he’s a good dude too!
Want to know how great and humble is Marwin González? After he did all his interviews he realized he hadn’t gotten me. Came over and said, if you don’t mind sitting down here while I eat we can do it now. The STAR of today’s game treating me like a human being. Imagine that! https://t.co/5bVBVHPjnd— Marly Rivera (@MarlyRiveraESPN) October 9, 2018
- Here’s the latest on the Twins’ managerial search.
- I didn’t even know that Matt Stairs was a coach with the Padres, but they’ll be looking for a new one now.
#Padres are looking for a new hitting coach. Matt Stairs will not return in 2019.— Darren Smith (@DSmithShow) October 9, 2018
- Sports Illustrated got an exclusive interview with the Houston Astros hacker.
- A fan on reddit theorized that Aaron Boone must have told his players the wrong start time for the game on Monday.
- Adrián González isn’t quite ready to retire and hopes to play in 2019.
- Hollywood is wild.
Liam Neeson Claims a Horse He Worked with Before Recognized Him on Set of New Film https://t.co/2WTZAUTZrI— People (@people) October 9, 2018
- This is truly incredible.
Can’t stop thinking about how the NFL actually had last night’s referee give Drew Brees a laminated “NFL record” certificate on the field last night like he was a third grader who who’d just won a potato sack race or something. pic.twitter.com/GjiLGcY02p— Brett Michael (@thecajunboy) October 9, 2018