Good morning everyone! Let’s get your day started with some fresh links.
In Mariners news...
- Would you be interested in this promotion?
- I think you mean Nelson Cruz, kid.
Me: Who's your fav Mariner?— Aaron Goldsmith (@heygoldy) January 9, 2018
4th grader: Tom Cruise.
Me: He's actually not a Mariner.
4th grader: I still like him.#MarinersCaravan
- Here’s a sneak peek at what they’ve been working on at Safeco.
The new surface at Safeco is pic.twitter.com/Z7JfmuN848— Michael Marjama (@MMarjama) January 8, 2018
- Now that we know the Mariners are likely done adding to their pitching staff, Greg Johns breaks down the team’s options heading into the season.
Around the league...
- It would be a little odd for the Tigers to make such a move after Spring Training is over.
- As if the Astros need any more help.
Sources: The Houston Astros have engaged with the Pittsburgh Pirates on trade talks for starter Gerrit Cole. One name bandied about as a return: outfielder Derek Fisher. For a trade to happen, Pirates almost certainly would need Kyle Tucker or Forrest Whitley as a centerpiece.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 8, 2018
- Miguel Sano made some more bad headlines.
According to this article shared by a Twins scouting supervisor on FB, a car owned by Miguel Sano was shot at twice yesterday by police. Sano was not in the vehicle, but a brother was there, it seems to say.https://t.co/c3Kb1RTfET— Brandon Warne (@Brandon_Warne) January 8, 2018
- Major League Baseball has released an enormous database full of embeddable videos and gifs.
- Bradley Woodrum argues that Tommy John belongs in the Hall of Fame.
- Speaking of, Travis Sawchik thinks that we may see less Tommy John surgeries in the next few seasons.
- Grant Brisbee makes the case for Omar Vizquel to become a Hall of Famer.
- Jayson Werth claims to have a few good years left in the tank.
- This is pretty freaking cool if you’re an astronomy nerd like me.