I would love to hear everyone’s anticipation level for next season. Think of your answer while reading these links!
In Mariners News...
- Mariners pitching prospect Jose Luis Santiago has been for 140 games.
Mariners minor league pitcher Jose Luis Santiago has been suspended 140 games for testing positive for a PED pic.twitter.com/yDWVpcJTmW— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) January 26, 2018
- Joe Beimel took to Instagram yesterday, remembering the 2014 bullpen.
- Don’t miss a shot at a James Paxton bobble head!
It's Big 's big day.— Mariners (@Mariners) January 26, 2018
James Paxton makes his bobblehead debut on July 1st. https://t.co/yWenfTo8QJ pic.twitter.com/qFs4ud9ZeM
- Take a listen to Kate’s newest podcast with Lindsey Caughil.
Around the League...
- Sports on Earth published its last post yesterday.
Today is the last day of publication for @SportsonEarth. I was fortunate enough to write an obit for the site as the last post on the site. https://t.co/PTfENFHai4— Will Leitch (@williamfleitch) January 26, 2018
- SABR announced its finalist for the Contemporary Commentary Award.
The 2018 #SABRanalytics Contemporary Commentary award finalists are @r_j_anderson, @emmabaccellieri, @SamMillerBB, @JeffPassan, @enosarris: https://t.co/MTyTcmYHyo— SABR (@sabr) January 26, 2018
- Alcides Escobar is headed to the Royals.
Source: #Royals, Alcides Escobar have a deal, pending physical.— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayFRS) January 26, 2018
- Jeff Passan looked into the potential revenue-sharing violations committed by the Marlins and Pirates.
- Ryan Braun may start working out at a new position.
#Brewers GM David Stearns confirms that they have talked to Ryan Braun about the possibility of moving to first base.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 26, 2018
- I can’t say this with certainty, but I have a hard time imagining one player has been involved in more transactions in a single offseason.
The #SFGiants trade infielder Éngelb Vielma to the #Orioles for a player to be named later or cash considerations.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 26, 2018
- Some teams know what their stadium will be named for over 15 years.
Comerica Bank announced it has extended its naming right agreement at Comerica Park through 2034. The five-year extension builds on Comerica's original 30-year contract. @Tigers #Tigers— George Sipple (@GeorgeSipple) January 26, 2018
- How about this for a logo?
Just unveiled: The logos of the Greeneville Reds, the new Rookie-A Appalachian League affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. pic.twitter.com/qGpvirBLR2— Chris Creamer (@sportslogosnet) January 26, 2018
- Teams across the league are adding more protective netting in their home stadiums.
CORRECTION: with White Sox and Marlins announcing, now only A’s, Rays, and DBacks without extended netting for 2018. https://t.co/x6YeHtSUsq— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) January 27, 2018
- Baseball America laid out its top JUCO prospects for next year’s draft.
- The Husky basketball team will bust out some new snap filters for this week’s game against Washington State
We are #TougherTogether in the 206.— UW Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) January 26, 2018
Husky fans can use this custom Snapchat filter at Alaska Airlines Arena this Sunday. pic.twitter.com/pznojQG7jn