I would love to hear everyone’s anticipation level for next season. Think of your answer while reading these links!
In Mariners News...
- Mariners pitching prospect Jose Luis Santiago has been for 140 games.
Mariners minor league pitcher Jose Luis Santiago has been suspended 140 games for testing positive for a PED pic.twitter.com/yDWVpcJTmW— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) January 26, 2018
- Joe Beimel took to Instagram yesterday, remembering the 2014 bullpen.
- Don’t miss a shot at a James Paxton bobble head!
- Take a listen to Kate’s newest podcast with Lindsey Caughil.
Around the League...
- Sports on Earth published its last post yesterday.
- SABR announced its finalist for the Contemporary Commentary Award.
- Alcides Escobar is headed to the Royals.
Source: #Royals, Alcides Escobar have a deal, pending physical.— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayFRS) January 26, 2018
- Jeff Passan looked into the potential revenue-sharing violations committed by the Marlins and Pirates.
- Ryan Braun may start working out at a new position.
#Brewers GM David Stearns confirms that they have talked to Ryan Braun about the possibility of moving to first base.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 26, 2018
- I can’t say this with certainty, but I have a hard time imagining one player has been involved in more transactions in a single offseason.
- Some teams know what their stadium will be named for over 15 years.
- How about this for a logo?
Just unveiled: The logos of the Greeneville Reds, the new Rookie-A Appalachian League affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. pic.twitter.com/qGpvirBLR2— Chris Creamer (@sportslogosnet) January 26, 2018
- Teams across the league are adding more protective netting in their home stadiums.
CORRECTION: with White Sox and Marlins announcing, now only A’s, Rays, and DBacks without extended netting for 2018. https://t.co/x6YeHtSUsq— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) January 27, 2018
- Baseball America laid out its top JUCO prospects for next year’s draft.
- The Husky basketball team will bust out some new snap filters for this week’s game against Washington State