Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a crazy day in baseball. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- Jerry Dipoto thinks there’s a tanking problem in the sport.
I believe Dipoto just said "you could argue there is more competition to get the No. 1 pick in the draft than to win the World Series."— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) January 25, 2018
- It looks like we’re in for a full season of Evan White this year.
Mariners No. 2 prospect Evan White will start at either Low A Clinton or High A Modesto.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) January 25, 2018
- A Mariners fan received an outpouring of support when he posted a picture of some tickets from a game he went to with his now-deceased father.
- Marc W at U.S.S. Mariner reflects on Edgar Martinez missing the Hall of Fame.
Around the league...
- Check out the Hardball Times Baseball Annual, which features pieces from Isabelle and Kate!
- Vlad Guerrero will be the first player to enter the Hall as an Angel.
- The Brewers made a big splash yesterday by acquiring Christian Yelich from the Marlins for a quartet of prospects.
- The Brew Crew are putting all their chips on the table; Milwaukee also signed center fielder Lorenzo Cain to a five-year deal.
- J.T. Realmuto may be out the door soon too.
Source : The team most heavily engaged in trade discussions for JT Realmuto is the Washington Nationals.— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) January 25, 2018
- The Marlins have hired women in baseball operations and field staff positions in their organization for the first time in the team’s history.
- Someone hacked the San Diego Padres’ Facebook page and used it to falsely report that the team had signed Eric Hosmer.
- The Tigers are going to make some minor changes to their jerseys for the upcoming season.
- The Mets have agreed to a one-year deal with Jose Reyes.