Good morning everyone and happy Monday! I hope you had a terrific weekend and are ready to start start the standard work week. Here are some links to get your morning started.
In Mariners news...
- Minor League Ball profiles a few Mariners prospects you should know about.
Around the league...
- Koji Uehara is planning to retire after the 2018 season.
- The Brewers have reportedly made an official contract offer to Yu Darvish.
- Milwaukee is also brewing (haha!) a trade with an unknown team.
Hearing some buzz that the #Brewers are getting close to a trade. No more details at present, but they’ve been discussing outfielders with multiple clubs.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) January 21, 2018
- This is a pretty neat chart illustrating shifts in baseball.
Every teams player starting position last season by density. Interesting to see all the different alignments. pic.twitter.com/czqbKBPeq8— Daren Willman (@darenw) January 22, 2018
- The Orioles are taking a hard look at Jarrod Dyson.
- Pinstripe Alley thinks the “juiced” baseballs will be a major problem for the Yankees’ pitching staff.
- The Mets are reportedly interested in a reunion with Bartolo Colon.
- Bradford Doolittle takes a look at the Hall of Fame cases for closers Billy Wagner and Trevor Hoffman.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs wonders why teams are so shy to offer contracts to guys entering their 30s considering they don’t normally become bad at age 30.