We’re nearly three weeks into the new year. Would you say these three weeks went by fast, slow, or somewhere in between? I know that you’ll have so much fun reading these links, that this wonderful Saturday morning will fly.
In Mariners News...
- Baseball America breaks down the Mariners farm system.
- The Mariners claimed Chasen Bradford from the Mets.
- Here’s Kate’s take on the Bradford acquisition, and John’s synopsis of the Mariners farm rankings.
- Mariners prospect Evan White was named the fifth best first base prospect in baseball by MLB Pipeline.
Our Top 10 1B Prospects list has been completely overhauled since last year, with 4 of the top 5 names coming from the first round of the 2017 #MLBDraft: https://t.co/CooVPojRVj pic.twitter.com/DjFzIBDxM5— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) January 19, 2018
- There’s a high chance I try this out at some point today.
Food Hack: One of my all time favorite snacks is halving an Avocado, sprinkling it with salt and pouring Balsamic Vinegar in the pit! It's so quick and easy.. Just grab a spoon and enjoy! Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and are also full of fiber and potassium! pic.twitter.com/7PHhnhlK5u— Michael Marjama (@MMarjama) January 19, 2018
- Former Mariner Mark Lowe is one of ten players participating in Driveline’s Free Agent Pro Day.
FOR RELEASE: Driveline Free Agent Pro Day. Tuesday, January 23rd. First bullet @ 10 AM. At Driveline Baseball's facility. All pro scouts invited. HD video and PITCHf/x data will be available for all team contacts who attend.— KyleB @ Driveline (@drivelinebases) January 19, 2018
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. pic.twitter.com/5GTAaeTdTf
Around the League...
- If you’ve ever wondered “how strong is Giancarlo Stanton,” now you know.
- Speaking of workouts, Jonathan Lucroy tweeted this workout video yesterday.
- Former Mariner Dominic Leone is changing teams.
We've acquired OF Randal Grichuk from the Cardinals in exchange for RHP Dominic Leone and RHP Conner Greene.— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) January 19, 2018
Last season, Grichuk hit 22 home runs with 59 RBI and 25 doubles in 122 games. pic.twitter.com/624iYWvEx2
- Carson Cistulli of Fangraphs discussed Randal Grichuk’s future with the Blue Jays.
- Take a look at Major League Baseball’s trend of WAR contribution by age.
Comparing 2000 and 2017, players 30 and older hit 17,000 fewer times and pitched 2,100 fewer innings -- and % of WAR dropped from 43 to 32.— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) January 19, 2018
Baseball's stars keep getting younger.
MORE -> https://t.co/iWXDE7z4oU pic.twitter.com/k2WCFAWZl6
- MLB Stat of the Day tweeted out several interesting facts about Trevor Hoffman.
- The Huskies play basketball today at 3:00 PM.