Nothing says Sunday morning like a fresh selection of links. Enjoy!
In Mariners News...
- Read about Jerry!
- Check out the newest episode of the Wheelhouse.
"We were 25,000, 30,0000 feet up when Dee Gordon joined the Mariners."— Mariners (@Mariners) January 13, 2018
Jerry Dipoto discusses trade talks, pranks, intangibles and more in the latest Wheelhouse. https://t.co/ynNd2TBtLw
Subscribe: https://t.co/WrEau70d92 pic.twitter.com/SwTJbOjzp4
- Jake broke down some projections for the Mariners’ 2018 season.
Around the League...
- Addison Reed is headed to the Twins.
Source confirms that Addison Reed is headed to the Twins for two years and $17M. @Ken_Rosenthal was on it. At one point, Reed had three years on the table, but he wanted to be in Midwest and Minnesota is a great fit for him. Should be the closer for the Twins.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2018
- Plans for a new entertainment and residential complex near a former minor league stadium were stopped after finding potential civil war graves.
- Tom Ricketts, the owner of the Cubs, wants Sammy Sosa to come clean before a reunion between the two parties.
- The Astros traded for Gerrit Cole.
CONFIRMED: The Pirates have acquired right-handed relief pitcher Michael Feliz, outfielder Jason Martin, third baseman Colin Moran and right-handed starting pitcher Joe Musgrove from the Houston Astros in exchange for Gerrit Cole. pic.twitter.com/iPhCMXQSI7— Pirates (@Pirates) January 14, 2018
- That move put the Astros into triple digits for projected wins.
With Cole, Astros now project at 103.5 2018 wins. Easily the highest pre-season W projection NEIFI has ever forecast.— NEIFI Analytics (@NEIFIco) January 13, 2018
- The Pirates may be trading a couple other players before the offseason is over.
Andrew McCutchen and Josh Harrison can start packing their bags now. They could be next to go. #Pirates— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 13, 2018
- Brad Hand signed an extension with the Padres.
LH reliever Brad Hand in agreement with #Padres on three-year extension with club option for fourth year, sources tell The Athletic. Guarantee believed to be $18M-$20M range. Deal covers final two arb years and at least one free-agent year. Option is for second free-agent year.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2018
- The Mets signed Adrian Gonzalez.
The #Mets now have decided to sign 1B Adrian Gonzalez pending a physical.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 14, 2018
- Baseball America’s MLB Draft prospect rankings have Oregon State’s Nick Madrigal as the top college position player.
Oregon State's Nick Madrigal is the top position player from the college ranks in our Top 200 MLB Draft Prospects: https://t.co/K6gSzlKNYv— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) January 14, 2018
- Mina Dunn highlighted some of Dave Cameron’s best work at Fangraphs.
- Broadcasting legend Keith Jackson passed Friday night. Jackson covered a variety of sports, including MLB, NBA, and most notably NCAA Football. He attended Washington State University and his career began in the state. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.