Now that it’s 2018, how many times have you jotted down 2017 when writing the date. I swear it takes me months to adjust.
Anyways, enjoy some links!
In Mariners News...
- Who else is going to Safeco on August 31st?
For fans of popular country music, Zac Brown Band will be playing Safeco Field on Aug. 31.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) January 12, 2018
- In case you missed it, Eric Filia will miss the beginning of the 2018 season.
#Mariners OF Eric Filia, a star of the Arizona Fall League, has been suspended 50 games following a second positive test for a drug of abuse.— Kyle Glaser (@KyleAGlaser) January 12, 2018
- Take a look at Jake’s breakdown of Juan Nicasio from earlier in the week.
Around the League...
- Here’s a guide to spotting spring training breakouts.
- Where are my neurobiologists at?
- Some non-Mariners were suspended today as well.
Other suspensions announced today: #RedSox RHP Antonio Police and #Cubs RHP Wilfre Delgado, both DSL pitchers, suspended 72 games for positive PED tests. Free agent RHP Joel Romero suspended 80 games for positive PED test https://t.co/fa2FIlGy0x— Kyle Glaser (@KyleAGlaser) January 12, 2018
- Former Mariner Tyler Cloyd signed with the Marlins today.
Source: Marlins sign right-hander Tyler Cloyd to a minor-league deal. Made 11 starts with the Phillies in 2013, appeared in majors with Seattle in 2017.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 12, 2018
- Doug Glanville is teaching a social justice class at Pennsylvania.
- Yu Darvish is my favorite follow on Twitter right now.
Sorry guys. My mistake.— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) January 12, 2018
Actually they did make offer but the numbers are not correct. https://t.co/0mIvMlZTPJ
- The Red Sox and Mookie Betts are heading to arbitration.
Source confirms: Red Sox filed $7.5 million for Mookie Betts’ 2018 salary, Betts asking for $10.5. Sides plan to go to arbitration. @JonHeyman had the figures— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) January 12, 2018
- George Springer is also asking for $10.5 million.
George Springer files at $10.5 million and #Astros counter at $8.5 million— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 12, 2018
- This is a little over a month old, but Kevin Porter Jr. redefined dunking.