Hey folks! Happy Wednesday. Let’s get you those links that you’ve been asking for.
In Mariners news...
- Nelson Cruz appears to be gearing up for his inevitable contract discussions (either with the Mariners or someone else) at the end of the season.
agent news: nelson cruz has hired bryce dixon of primo sports group to represent him— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 9, 2018
- Some more fun from the Mariners caravan...
1st grader: Are you Russell Wilson?— Aaron Goldsmith (@heygoldy) January 9, 2018
- Get yourself a James Paxton bobblehead on July 1st!
- Michael Clair at MLB.com breaks down Dee Gordon’s upcoming move to center field.
- Daniel Vogelbach is hoping to become a major piece for the Mariners in 2018.
- The ZiPS projections for the Mariners are out and they’re...rather modest. But damn, that bullpen.
Around the league...
- Kiley McDaniel breaks down where the debate over “Stats vs. Scouting” currently stands in baseball.
- Dave Cameron theorizes that the number of “super teams” in baseball is leading to an uninteresting offseason.
- Brewers starter Matt Garza pitched through a major shoulder injury last season, and he’s planning to undergo surgery that may end his career.
- Sam Miller wonders what a baseball game would look like if it went 50 innings.
- Justin Morneau has retired and joined the Twins front office as a special assistant.
- Royals Review doesn’t think it’s smart for Kansas City to pursue Eric Hosmer anymore.
- Angels GM Billy Eppler met with Shohei Ohtani’s previous team — the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters — to discuss how the Angels should utilize the young talent.
- A kayaker in Japan was banned because he spiked a competitor’s beverage.