Good morning and happy Friday everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your off-day and are ready for some more Mariners baseball coming your way just before the weekend. Let’s get your day started with some fresh links.
In Mariners news...
- Some random person on a third-party website completely butchered Mitch Haniger’s name, and it’s pretty funny.
Which local athlete is stealing Seattle's plastic straws?— Thyag-Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) September 7, 2017
Mitch Harbinger? Breanna Steward? https://t.co/a3J7v6Evuy pic.twitter.com/dXQprdNaLu
- They tried to correct their Haniger mistake, but they still spelled it wrong.
yall will be happy to know they have reached in and corrected it pic.twitter.com/ySHxDGDgYE— Chris (@CFromBothell) September 7, 2017
- Marc W at U.S.S. Mariner dives into this year’s home run revolution and how the Mariners planned to take advantage of the system this year, but luck just didn’t fall their way.
Around the league...
- Go Hailey!
sometimes twitter is really good pic.twitter.com/sWzoEIDcEG— Nats Squid (@NatsSquid) September 7, 2017
- Eddie Matz at ESPN downplays the impressiveness of Giancarlo Stanton’s massive power season.
- The sinker, once the big thing in baseball, is no longer as popular as it once was.
- Meanwhile, former Mariner Wade Miley has added a cutter to his arsenal.
- The Red Sox are now pointing fingers at the Yankees, claiming the Bronx Bombers are also stealing signs.
- Grant Brisbee wonders what everyone would be talking about in baseball if the first half had never happened.
- The Atlanta Braves are doing their part to help Hurricane Irma victims: any person evacuating from Florida will get a free ticket to a Braves game.
- When a promotion goes wrong: a window company in Cleveland agreed to give everyone who bought a product for them all of their money back if the Indians went on a 15-game winning streak or longer. Well, look at that.
- Hollywood blames Rotten Tomatoes for a sink in sales this summer at the box office. Seems like a straw man argument to me.