Good morning and Happy Labor Day everyone! Most people consider this weekend to be the final weekend of the summer. But heck, baseball is still around. In my mind, it’s still gonna be summer for a while. Let’s celebrate with some links!
In Mariners news...
- Former Lookout Landing writer Ashley Varela doesn’t think Yovani Gallardo can be relied upon as a starter anymore.
In Mariners minors news...
- Yesterday was the final day of the MiLB regular season. Ryan Divish gave out fake awards to the best players in the Mariners’ minor league system this year.
- The Rainiers and Aquasox both ended their seasons with hard-fought one-run losses.
- The Modesto Nuts will be starting their playoffs shortly. Here’s the team’s upcoming schedule.
Around the league...
- Carlos Correa has returned to action with the Astros. The shortstop was ailing from a jammed left thumb.
- Jose Ramirez had a ridiculous day at the plate. First he homered off the fence twice in the same at-bat. He would later end the day with five extra base hits.
- The Diamondbacks are on a roll. Arizona has won its last 10 games and is now firmly in position for the National League wild card.
- I am here to deliver some #jokes.
[shark tank]— andrew chamings (@AndrewChamings) September 1, 2017
me: ridiculously wide sunglasses
shark 1: i'm out
shark 2: i'm out
hammerhead shark: i'm listening
- In case you missed it, the biggest upset in college football history (according to the Vegas spread) took place this weekend as Howard defeated UNLV.
- Look at this guy.