Howdy everyone and happy Friday! We’re entering the last weekend of regular season baseball, and pretty soon the postseason will be upon us. Here’s what you need to know to get ready for your day.
In Mariners news...
- Longtime Mariners radio engineer and producer Kevin Cremin is calling it a career at the end of this season.
- Bob Dutton opines that the M’s have to make a big move this offseason if they want to stay relevant in the division.
- Robinson Cano is doing his part to help out in Puerto Rico relief efforts.
- King Felix is heading into this offseason with a different approach in an effort to stay healthy.
Around the league...
- Things haven’t looked great for the Cardinals recently.
2013: Lost WS— Brenden Schaeffer (@bschaeffer12) September 29, 2017
2014: Lost NLCS
2015: Lost NLDS
2016: Elminated Oct. 2
2017: Eliminated Sep. 28
Cardinals trending in the right direction...
- Leonys Martin eliminated St. Louis from playoff contention with this incredible catch (that he made using his Mariners glove).
- Bob Melvin will be sticking around in Oakland.
A's sign underrated manager Bob Melvin to a one year extension through 2019.— Scott Miller (@ScottMillerBbl) September 28, 2017
- Strikeouts have been on a historic rise in the last decade, and this year is no different from the trend.
- Royals Review wonders if Jason Vargas is deserving of a qualifying offer when he becomes a free agent this offseason.
- While the American League MVP race is down to just two players, the National League has a much different story.
- There are some fantastic players in today’s game, but how do they stack up with the all-time greats?
- White Sox starter Carlos Rodon might miss part of the 2018 season after undergoing shoulder surgery.