Hey folks! I hope you’re all having a good week so far. As the regular season continues to wind down, a lot of odd stories are taking shape. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- This is amazing and hilarious.
Kyle Seager and Chooch ritual before every game. Who can name more animals? - Seager y Ruiz ritual antes del juego. Quien nombra más? pic.twitter.com/0rYn3l6Jjn— Manny Acta (@MannyActa14) September 27, 2017
- Guillermo Heredia will require surgery on his shoulder.
Around the league...
- A Yankees fan was ejected because he was tipping pitches from the other team.
- I can’t believe this is true but good for the Twins!
After a 100+ loss season, the Twins are in the postseason! pic.twitter.com/OF06ouUTjN— SB Nation (@SBNation) September 28, 2017
- Meanwhile, things aren’t looking as good for our friends in Anaheim.
The Angels got walked off, 6-4, by the Chicago White Sox. They’re 78-80. They have been eliminated from playoff contention.— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) September 28, 2017
- Eno Sarris takes a look at how the Rockies have managed to build an effective bullpen this season.
- Grant Brisbee breaks down the AL MVP race, which seems to be down to Jose Altuve and Aaron Judge.
- MLB owners have approved the sale of the Marlins to Derek Jeter’s group.
- Matt Cain has decided that he will retire at the end of the season.
- The Tigers will deploy Andrew Romine at every single position during the team’s game on Sunday.
- Speaking of the Tigers, they’ve just signed Pedro Martinez’s son.
- Things are getting real bad in college hoops. The FBI launched an investigation on several college coaches for corruption, which led to longtime Louisville head coach Rick Pitino getting fired yesterday. Louisville also fired the school’s athletic director. The team now has no AD and no head coach, and practice begins Friday.
- It’s been a while since I shared an a cappella video with you guys. This is a group from the University of Chicago called Voices In Your Head. They won second place at this year’s ICCA Finals.