Good morning folks! The Mariners are coming off a very strong — albeit partially meaningless — victory against the A’s. While the team can crash to move up the order in the upcoming draft, it’s also fun to see the team churning out victories against weaker opponents. We’ll see if they can keep it going.
In Mariners news...
- Can you name all 40 of the pitchers that the M’s have used this year? After looking at the list, I know I couldn’t have. Apparently, neither could almost every member of the Mariners organization.
- John Sickels at Minor League Ball wonders if Jacob Hannemann will ever hit enough to justify his glove.
- Thankfully, Edwin Diaz was able to make contact with his family and loved ones in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria devastated the area.
Around the league...
- Jeff Passan has some pretty cool stories on Bruce Maxwell and the things he’s done before this season.
Here's who Bruce Maxwell is: https://t.co/9RpNdTcD1E pic.twitter.com/8IR4yDGNwL— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) September 25, 2017
- The Yankees don’t seem too keen on discussing the issue of expanding the netting at their ballpark.
Yankee exec to me on the phone today: "I'm not talking about the netting. Goodbye. and don't f**king call me again.'' Click— wallace matthews (@OysterBayBomber) September 25, 2017
- Miguel Cabrera has two herniated disks in his back but the Tigers don’t think he’ll need surgery.
- Bless You Boys wonders who the Tigers should choose as the team’s next manager following the firing of Brad Ausmus. Manny Acta was listed as a candidate.
- Yesterday was the anniversary of Jose Fernandez’s tragic passing. May he continue to rest in peace.
Forever in our hearts. #JDF16 pic.twitter.com/uP9DkTTBrc— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) September 25, 2017
- Can hitters continue to hold the advantage over pitchers going forward? Travis Sawchik from Fangraphs looks into this.
- Athletics Nation doesn’t care about tanking for the team to get a better draft pick and would rather the team win ballgames.
- Braves players are rallying behind manager Brian Snitker to help him keep his job with the club.
- The increase in strikeouts is actually making the sport worse, writes Craig Edwards.
- Aaron Judge smacked his 50th home run of the season, breaking Mark McGuire’s record for single-season homers for a rookie.
- Judge may have played himself back into MVP consideration after a red-hot September.
- Former M’s reliever Carter Capps will have to undergo surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.