Happy Sunday, friends! Relax and enjoy the last little bit of weekend we have left. It looks like fall is truly here. Let me know how you feel about that in the comments. Are you a fall fan, or do prefer another season more?
As you decide which season is your favorite, take a look at these links.
In Mariners News...
- The Mariners gave thanks to Bob Dutton for his career covering baseball.
As seen on @MarinersVision in the ballpark today—congrats on your retirement, @TNT_Mariners. pic.twitter.com/OZRHnFhKgg— Mariners (@Mariners) September 23, 2017
- The Mariners shut down Tony Zych for the rest of the season.
Tony Zych has been shut down for the remainder of the season with forearm tightness.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) September 23, 2017
- The Mariners used 40(!) pitchers in 2017.
No team in MLB history has used more pitchers than the 2017 Mariners. Here's how it happened (by @RyanDivish) https://t.co/gGDiAN3SCo pic.twitter.com/eQMxjlJDe9— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) September 22, 2017
Around the League...
- Bruce Maxwell of the Oakland Athletics became the first MLB player to kneel during the National Anthem.
A's catcher Bruce Maxwell is kneeling for the National Anthem. He's the first MLB player to do so. Maxwell has hand on heart, facing flag— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) September 24, 2017
- The Braves extended Kurt Suzuki through the 2018 season.
#Braves Agree to Terms with Catcher Kurt Suzuki on Contract Extension: pic.twitter.com/8qBTAlcEyc— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) September 23, 2017
- Eno Sarris talks about J.D. Martinez and his attention to zone contact rates.
- Over the course of three seasons, the Reds have used rookie pitchers at an record-breaking frequency.
- Luke Farrell is the first pitcher in MLB history to pitch against a team managed by his father.
- Noah Syndergaard tosses an inning of scoreless baseball in his return to the Mets.
- Alex Wilson of the Detroit Tigers took a 103 MPH line drive off the shin, and resulted in a non-displaced fracture.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit his 57th home run of the season.
Pick your jaw up off the floor for the 57th time. It’s @Giancarlo818 … again. pic.twitter.com/DbiCIfm1LV— MLB (@MLB) September 24, 2017
- Jose Abreu became the third player in MLB history to post 25 home runs and 100 RBI in his first four years in the majors.
DiMaggio, Pujols, José Abreu.— MLB (@MLB) September 24, 2017
The @WhiteSox slugger becomes the 3rd @MLB player with 25+ HR, 100+ RBIs in each of his 1st four seasons. pic.twitter.com/6nUeTQfpvX
- The Washington Huskies improved to 4-0 on the season with an decisive win over Colorado. Take a look at an incredible deep ball from Jake Browning to Quinten Pounds.
Browning ➡️ Pounds touchdown!— UW Football (@UW_Football) September 24, 2017
Washington leads 17-7 in Boulder. #PurpleReign
Watch on FS1. pic.twitter.com/u3uwdSBMMn