Good morning everyone! From scouring the landscape of Mariners fandom I can see that the spirits are a little less than high these days. It’s also a Monday, which for many marks the beginning of the work week. This is a rotten combination. Hopefully these links can ease you into your day.
In Mariners news...
- Mitch Haniger has been on fire to close out the season.
Around the league...
- They weren’t the only ones.
- Some sad news for a former Mariner.
Drew Storen will have Tommy John surgery. His season -- and likely 2018 -- is over— C. Trent Rosecrans (@ctrent) September 17, 2017
- Pinstripe Alley makes the case for the Yankees to exclusively use the bullpen during a potential Wild Card game.
- Although the Indians’ winning streak is now over, this is a pretty cool visual.
Breaking down every teams game by game results... Made the colors slowly get darker to signify winning/losing streaks. Indians... wow. pic.twitter.com/PrNjlJXHIy— Daren Willman (@darenw) September 16, 2017
- Buster Olney wonders if Shohei Otani can get back the $200 million he’s leaving on the table by coming to the States.
- David Price has moved into the bullpen with the Red Sox, and it’s a role he’s thrived in so far.
- He makes a good point.
Me: *tosses and turns in bed*— James Breakwell (@XplodingUnicorn) September 16, 2017
Wife: What's wrong?
Me: I wonder how many real Nigerian princes I've turned down.
- I can’t believe someone really made this their high school ID picture.