So, the Indians finally lost a game.
All good things must come to an end.— What a run. (@Indians) September 16, 2017
Hats off to our guys - we'll never, ever forget these 22 games. #WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWindians pic.twitter.com/LVYFyEZcUs
Maybe it’s the Mariners’ turn to enjoy a huge win streak before the end of the season. Who’s with me?
Seriously though, winning 22 games in a row? That’s crazy. There are countless things easier than winning a baseball game that I struggle to do 22 times in a row. For example, I would be proud if I remembered to brush my teeth 22 nights in a row. Congrats, Cleveland. That was amazing.
In Mariners News...
- FanGraphs analyzed what parts of team’s contributed most to their overall WAR. Take a look to see how this turned out for the Mariners.
- Nelson Cruz was nominated for Marvin Miller Man of the Year.
Congrats #MarvinMiller #ManOfTheYear nominee @ncboomstick23 @Mariners— #MLBPA (@MLB_PLAYERS) September 15, 2017
Highlighting AL/NL West nominees today
Vote: https://t.co/srTOhHkBVD pic.twitter.com/vvxxysq1R3
- Meg Rowly of Baseball Prospectus highlighted Mike Zunino’s strong second half of the season.
- Speaking of Mike Zunino, Isabelle wrote an excellent piece on Z yesterday as well.
Around the League...
- Kevin Kiermaier is too good.
.@KKiermaier39 goes full send it. pic.twitter.com/XgBSsqqTUr— MLB (@MLB) September 16, 2017
- Jim Callis of MLB Pipeline ranked the top rookies of 2017 based on their long term potential.
- The Yankees and Red Sox were both fined as the result of a sign stealing investigation.
- Buck Farmer of the Detroit Tigers hit umpire Quinn Wolcott with a fastball. MLB took a closer look at the pitch, and determined Farmer did not intend to hit Wolcott.
- Read up on International Signing rules, Shohei Otani, and more.
- Craig Edwards of FanGraphs compares Cy Young candidates Chris Sale and Corey Kluber.
- Dave Cameron breaks down Rhys Hoskins’ hot start.
- It’s Saturday. Go Huskies.
Back at the #GreatestSetting tomorrow.#PurpleReign— UW Football (@UW_Football) September 16, 2017
>> https://t.co/gBoOBBi46U pic.twitter.com/6yaYWQUjFB