Yes, I decided to keep the Indians out of today’s headline. I do hope you can forgive me for that. The SEO gods are probably wishing I had wiggled them in there too. But it’s Friday! There are no rules on Friday. So let’s have some fun!
In Mariners news...
- This should hardly come as a shock at this point, but Hisashi Iwakuma is probably out for the year. I’d be surprised if he ever throws another game in an M’s uniform.
- Hey! I know that guy! Also: holy shit that stat.
Around the league...
- Because I know you’re wondering, let’s just get this out of the way.
Another one!— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 15, 2017
Indians walk it off for consecutive win No. 22! pic.twitter.com/4ZtjHVEPUX
- The latest on Shohei Ohtani suggests that the Mariners are interested in the Japanese star in both a pitching and hitting role. Right now there are around five teams who are clearly in the mix for the youngster.
- Rob Manfred has a plan to help diversify front offices all around baseball.
- Alex Rodriguez gave Gary Sanchez some useful words of advice when the two of them got lunch a while back.
- The New York Times did a cool feature on the Pacific Northwest-based program Driveline Baseball and how it helps to increase pitchers’ velocities.
- We now have a full year’s worth of data on Statcast’s defensive metrics for 2017. Jarrod Dyson and Guillermo Heredia both came out pretty favorably.
- The context of the 2017 season is completely changed thanks to the Indians’ late surge.
- Rhys Hoskins just became the fastest player to reach 17 career home runs in MLB history.