Howdy y’all! You know what’s odd? I only ever type the word “y’all.” I do it in both messages and in articles. But I never actually say the word in person. Do any of you have words like that? Words that are in your written vernacular but not your spoken one. Something to ponder as you peruse these links.
In Mariners news...
- Apparently Jerry is friends with Shohei Otani’s pitching coach. I see you, Jerry.
Doing work, but also seeing old friends.— Mariners (@Mariners) September 13, 2017
On his scouting trip to Japan, Jerry Dipoto caught up with former teammate Masato Yoshii. pic.twitter.com/a7AfyvS6X3
Around the league...
- In case you’re just joining us...
Recap of the last 3 weeks of baseball: pic.twitter.com/KoOrN3qpDA— Matt Allaire (@AllaireMatt) September 13, 2017
- Grant Brisbee tries to make a case for Shohei Otani to join the Giants.
- Dave Cameron does a nice breakdown of what the Otani bidding process is going to look like.
- People seem to be forgetting this: Otani can hit pretty well too.
- Carlos Gonzalez has been terrible all season, but he’s finally starting to show some signs of life.
- The Indians just won their 21st game in a row. And just in the nick of time, their super-reliever Andrew Miller is back.
- Kris Bryant, last year’s NL MVP, isn’t really making as much noise in this year’s race as some other players.
- David Ortiz is likely to join the Red Sox front office in some capacity soon. Although he doesn’t even seem to know what he’ll really be doing.
- Nintendo released an image of shirtless Mario for some reason, and the internet is acting like shirtless Mario should look any different from shirtless anyone else.
Great, now I know what Mario's nipples look like. pic.twitter.com/OnZhmL7hNR— Mark Serrels (@Serrels) September 13, 2017
- I do love me some jokes.
tall gray alien scientist: so far, 69% of his mind has been erased— village fetish (@botandy) September 10, 2017
me, clinging onto the vital parts of my personality: nice