Good morning everyone! While baseball fans may be happier in Cleveland right now — very unusual — I assure you there are exciting baseball stories all around the globe. Allow me to demonstrate.
In Mariners news...
- It’s always cool to hear the kinds of things that go on behind the scenes — or at least the stuff they could show us.
Around the league...
- Hey, so those Indians are pretty good huh? They just won their 20th straight ballgame.
- A’s fans aren’t going to be too pleased that the Indians got to their 20th win in a row.
- David Schoenfeld says that Cleveland’s current streak is actually a more impressive feat than winning the World Series.
- Meanwhile the Dodgers have uhh...not been doing as well as the Indians.
- I think the oddest thing about this to me is that the Cardinals don’t seem to use the shift very much.
Breaking down every teams positioning vs left handed batters this year... pic.twitter.com/P5wnTIpVX4— Daren Willman (@darenw) September 12, 2017
- Follow the chronological happenings of an extremely late Dodgers-Giants contest.
- A New York City politician claimed that Derek Jeter endorsed his campaign. He didn’t.
- The Rangers have called up top prospect Willie Calhoun. In doing so, they cut ties with Tyson Ross, who might have used up his last opportunity to return to the ace-caliber pitcher he once was.
- Please get well soon, Carter!
Carter Capps felt something in his right side yesterday. He was diagnosed with the blood clot at a local hospital. He's out indefinitely.— Dennis Lin (@sdutdennislin) September 12, 2017
- This is very good news. To anyone who can read Japanese, consider this one an extra treat.
One source says there's a strong possibility Shohei Ohtani making the jump to MLB this winter https://t.co/vsDkpLXTXc— Kazuto Yamazaki (@Kazuto_Yamazaki) September 12, 2017
- Jacoby Ellsbury is the career record holder in a very strange category: most times reached base by catcher’s interference.
- If this kind of stuff is becoming available for college games, it’s only going to get more accessible around the nation.
Pitch velocity, bat exit velocity and Trackman strike zone for intrasquad scrimmage today. pic.twitter.com/iubkbFS6Mp— Desi Druschel (@DesiDruschel) September 12, 2017
- Me on the first link of this article.