Good morning folks and happy Tuesday! I hope the beginning of the week has been treating you well. Here’s a little pick-me-up to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it, Zac Curtis is no longer in the organization.
- Congratulations to all of the players and coaches honored!
Mariners announce their 2017 minor league awards pic.twitter.com/8r2Zq8yo4m— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) September 11, 2017
- But there’s also some bad news for Mariners fans...
Jarrod Dyson to have surgery on pelvic issue later this week. He's done for rest of season.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) September 11, 2017
Around the league...
- Alex Hall at Athletics Nation thinks that Jerry Dipoto has been shooting himself in the foot with all of his trades, and is thankful that it resulted in Boog Powell’s emergence on the A’s.
- The Angels have some major health concerns regarding their pitchers.
- The Cleveland Indians have managed to weave statistical analytics into their player development system.
- Cleveland’s pitching staff has also been impressive this season by historical standards.
- Neither MLB park in Florida seems to have sustained major damage from Hurricane Irma.
- Ryan Volgelsong has opted to retire as a member of the Giants.
- Fish Stripes thinks it’s time to trade Giancarlo Stanton.
- This took a little too much effort.
- Well this is certainly not something I’d ever considered.
- This definitely gave me a chuckle.