Happy Sunday, folks. After getting swept by the Astros a couple days back, the Mariners just took the first two from the Angels and have pulled within three games of the second wild card spot. This season, am I right? Go ahead and rank your excite-o-meter for the rest of the season in the comment section. Meanwhile, here are some links to keep you busy until the game this afternoon.
In Mariners News...
- Robinson Cano hits lots of doubles.
Robinson Canó (@Mariners) is the first player in MLB history with 30+ doubles in each of his first 13 seasons.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) September 10, 2017
- Andrew Albers, who owns a 4-1 record since joining the Mariners, continued to impress last night with six shutout innings.
- Here’s an injury update on Hisashi Iwakuma and Jarrod Dyson.
- The Modesto Nuts will play the Lancaster JetHawks for the Cal League Championship.
The Nuts & JetHawks will play for the Cal League Championship. The best-of-5 series begins Tuesday night in Lancaster. #GoNuts— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) September 10, 2017
- During the regular season, Modesto had more wins than losses against Lancaster.
Modesto went 5-4 against Lancaster in the regular season but their last meeting was in May. More than a few roster moves since that series.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) September 10, 2017
Around the League...
- Jose Abreu became the seventh player to hit for the cycle this season.
- Dave Cameron of Fangraphs lays out an argument for more technology in baseball.
- The Cleveland Indians’ 17 game win streak is the longest in franchise history, and second longest in MLB history.
- Speaking of Cleveland, take a look at how dominant they have been during their win streak.
- Giancarlo Stanton just hit his 54th homer, drawing even closer to the 60 home run mark.
- Here’s average exit velocity broken down by count.
- Dante Pettis just set a conference record for most punt return touchdowns. The record holder prior to Pettis was DeSean Jackson.
- Here’s Bob Rondeau’s call of the 68-yard return.