Good morning Mariners fans and happy Monday! The M’s are off today unfortunately. But next up they face off against the A’s, Angels, and Orioles. It should be the perfect time to pick up some more ground and possibly get the M’s in position to make the wild card game. Only time will tell. Until then, here are some links to get your work week going.
In Mariners news...
- This just resurfaced and is now relevant to the Mariners.
Yonder Alonso is in the news, which means I have an excuse to share my favorite thing ever pic.twitter.com/TVoehiMRtm— Sarah Cumbie (@sarahcumbie) August 6, 2017
- Yonder Alonso seems very excited to join the Seattle Mariners!
- The White Sox are now in possession of one of the M’s former first round draft picks.
The #WhiteSox have claimed infielder D.J. Peterson off waivers from the Seattle Mariners and optioned him to Class AAA Charlotte.— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 6, 2017
- In case you missed it, David Phelps was diagnosed with elbow discomfort after leaving last night’s game. After the Mariners already lost King Felix to injury, this is certainly bad news.
In Mariners minors news...
- Johnny Slater got an oddly quick promotion from Everett to Clinton this year after being drafted. He struggled for a good period of time, but it seems like he’s starting to figure things out in Single-A.
- Holy crap Jamal Wade! The former position player who just recently converted to the mound full time is finding his groove.
- The Arkansas Travelers came away with a strong 8-4 win last night over the Tulsa Drillers. Ryan Casteel had three doubles in the effort, and former UW Husky Braden Bishop had a catch that easily saved two runs for former UW Husky Aaron West:
Around the league...
- Here’s the Alonso trade from the A’s perspective. Also in this article, Alonso states that he’s excited to play “meaningful baseball” for the first time in his career.
- Matt Shoemaker is expected to miss a good amount of time.
Update on Angels RHP Matt Shoemaker... pic.twitter.com/8gYj1TBb9U— Angels PR (@LAAngelsPR) August 7, 2017
- Speaking of the Angels, Mike Trout is only one hit away from 1,000. Think about that for a second.
- Matt Harvey — one of the Mets’ supposed aces — has been awful this year. How do the Mets handle his situation?
- Nobody ever claimed New York was free of drama. The Yankees benched Gary Sanchez due to his poor defensive abilities.
- The Miami Dolphins football team recently filled their quarterback vacancy by signing former Chicago Bear Jay Cutler. But before they signed Cutler, they were taking a hard look at Tim Tebow.
- My host family in central Oregon has these massive spiders that appear in the bathtub almost daily. This was me attempting to drown one of them down the drain.