Hello everyone! I know the Mariners have been extremely frustrating lately. I know some wise guy/gal is gonna say “well, when are they not frustrating?” I don’t really know how to answer that question. So I’m going to ignore it and just move onto the links!
In Mariners news...
- Evan Scribner could help the club pretty soon.
Evan Scribner with an 8-pitch inning scoreless inning in his first rehab appearance. He helped M's tremendously in September last year.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) August 30, 2017
- Some Mariners fans spoke to The Relish about what it’s like to be a fan of the team.
In Mariners minors news...
- The minor league season is drawing to a close, and the AquaSox got blown out in their last game of the year.
- Lindsey Caughel had himself a game, twirling a shutout for the Travelers.
Travelers win 3-0!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 31, 2017
Lindsey Caughel 9IP, 3H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, 83-58, WIN
Willie Argo 1-3, HR, RBI
Nelson Ward 2-3
Tyler Marlette 1-3, 2B, R, BB
- Joey Curletta is ending his season on a high note.
Joey Curletta in August:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 31, 2017
22G, .338/.427/.571/.998, 26H, 9 2B, 3HR, 13R, 10RBI, 12BB, 17K, 4SB. #GoNuts
Around the league...
- FiveThirtyEight’s Neil Paine thinks that Albert Pujols — formerly the best player in the sport — is now the worst player in the league. Speaking of Pujols, he tied Jim Thome yesterday on the all-time home run list.
- Carlos Correa will likely return to action with the Astros on Friday.
- C.J. Cron is now the proud owner of season tickets to the Phoenix Suns basketball team after hitting two homers in a recent game.
- Miguel Cabrera may be dealing with back issues for the rest of his career.
- Phillies sensation Rhys Hoskins was just named the International League MVP.
- Bryce Harper isn’t even close to getting back into running drills, so it looks like it could be a while before he returns to games.
- Dave Cameron urges teams to take a long look at Juan Nicasio, who is currently on waivers.
- Brandon Phillips reached 2,000 career hits!
2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ hits for @DatDudeBP! #ChopOn pic.twitter.com/MJ0R4sM67h— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 30, 2017
- This strikes me as a very odd decision.
The Seattle Times Bans Sportswriters from Local Radio, TV – Seattle Sportsnet https://t.co/RnKDbTkOdv— Dennis Bounds (@DennisBounds87) August 30, 2017