How about those Mariners? They’re winning some baseball games. Keep it up, M’s!!
In Mariners News...
- Yonder Alonso took some advice from Edgar Martinez, resulting in last night’s go ahead home run.
- Robinson Cano is likely to return to the starting lineup today.
- The Rainiers won yesterday! Tuffy Gosewisch led the way with three RBI.
Rainiers win 7-3!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 26, 2017
Evan Marshall 3IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, WIN
Tuffy Gosewisch 2-4, 2B, R, 3RBI, SB
Kevin Santa 1-3, 2B, R, BB
- The Travelers were down 3-2 after seven yesterday, but some late inning heroics from Tyler Marlette and Dario Pizzano lifted Arkansas to a 4-3 win.
- The Modesto Nuts were hitless through seven innings in their 5-0 loss yesterday.
Nuts lose 5-0.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 26, 2017
Joe Pistorese 2.2IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 3K
Donnie Walton 1-3
Joey Curletta 0-2, BB
Logan Taylor 0-2, BB
Eric Filia 0-3, BB
- Six scoreless innings from Andres Torres helped the Aqua Sox to a 11-4 win.
AquaSox win 11-4!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 26, 2017
Andres Torres 6IP, 6H, 0R, 0BB, 6K, WIN
David Hesslink 2IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, 2K
Joe Venturino 3-4, 3 2B, R, 4RBI
- A great start by Ryne Inman and an incredible outing from JP Sears helped the LumberKings win in shutout fashion.
LumberKings win 3-0!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 26, 2017
Ryne Inman 5IP, 3H, 0R, 3BB, 7K, WIN
Michael Koval 2.2IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 4K
JP Sears 1.1IP, 0H, 0R, BB, 3K, SV
Around the League...
- I mean, how cool is this?
- Do you think after being struck by lightning that Caldwell threw harder? I had so many questions about this story. Here’s an article I found recapping that game.
- Former Mariner Danny Espinosa is now with Tampa Bay.
- Former Mariner prospect Paul Blackburn is headed to the disabled list for Oakland.
.@Athletics put RHP Paul Blackburn (r. hand contusion) on 10-day DL, retro to 8/23; recall RHP Michael Brady, OF Mark Canha from Triple-A.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 25, 2017
- A closer look at the relationship between money and winning.
- After two home runs yesterday, Giancarlo Stanton is on pace for 63 home runs. That would be the most since 2001, when Barry Bonds hit 73.
- Husky Football is less than a week away!
- College Football begins today with Oregon State squaring off against Colorado State.