This is us in relation to the work week.
Jeez. This is a hell of a jam. Why don’t I listen to this song more often?
Anyway, we have some special links prepared for you on this lovely Sweepsmas. So get yourself ready for the big game with some easy reading material.
In Mariners news...
- Just 20 years ago, the Mariners made a really dumb trade for Heathcliff Slocumb that everyone remembers for being very bad. Grant Brisbee re-visited the deal and told the story in a way that only Brisbee can.
- I didn’t realize James Paxton was even close to being the American League ERA leader, but here we are.
Well hello James Paxton. Sale gives up 7 tonight. pic.twitter.com/5KZydjkxyR— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) August 2, 2017
In Mariners minors news...
- Wait, who? Hmm...intrigue!
Robert Dugger's 2017 season at Clinton & Modesto:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 2, 2017
25G, 12GS, 5-1, 1.91ERA, 1CG, 2SV, 89.1IP, 68H, 23BB (1 IBB), 87K, .205 BAA. #Mariners
- The AquaSox had their All-Star Game yesterday. Some Frogs performed well in the contest.
Northwest League All-Stars win 5-4.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 2, 2017
Andres Torres 1IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, K
Joseph Rosa 0-3, R, BB, K
David Banuelos 1-2, R, RBI, K#AquaSox
- See you soon, Taylor?
Taylor Motter since joining Tacoma:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 2, 2017
9G, .343/.429/.486/.914, 12H, 2 2B, 1HR, 6R, 6RBI, 6BB, 3K, 3SB. #Rainiers
Around the league...
- Remember Mo’ne Davis? She’s 16 now. Yesterday she made her debut in the RBI World Series. It’s good to hear she’s still playing baseball, even though basketball seems to be her true love.
- Most people didn’t think this guy would amount to much when the Mariners traded him for Mark Trumbo...
Welcome to the Major Leagues, @Reinheimer_08! #OurSeason pic.twitter.com/PGMr2Ef05N— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) August 1, 2017
- Travis Sawchik wonders why some of the most effective relievers on some of the worst teams weren’t dealt at this year’s non-waiver deadline.
- Athletics Nation says goodbye to their former ace Sonny Gray.
- Jeremy Guthrie announced that he will retire from baseball. I thought he had retired a little while ago.
- The Blue Jays fan who threw a beer at Hyun-Soo Kim last season has seemingly gotten his life together.
- Brandon Kintzler was...feeding a rhino?...when he learned he had been traded to the Nationals.
- Alex Avila’s mom was angry that her husband traded their son to the Cubs.
- Yesterday Max Scherzer hit his first career home run in the first inning, and then was immediately pulled from the game due to neck spasms.
- It was a day for first home runs for star pitchers apparently! Jon Lester got his first big league bomb too.
- The Marlins have shut down Edinson Volquez and he will have to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Holy crap Austin Jackson.
There are no words to describe this catch.— MLB (@MLB) August 2, 2017
, Austin Jackson. pic.twitter.com/SzrL7AwqXK
- NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
Two chatbots at Facebook have gotten so smart, they've created their own language https://t.co/g0BWRersn8 pic.twitter.com/wkFX2JqYIn— CBS News (@CBSNews) August 2, 2017