Happy Sunday, friends. The Mariners look to avoid getting swept in a four game series with the Angels today. Each of their last three losses have felt so close, hopefully the Mariners can fight out a win this time around. Read through these links as you wait for this afternoon’s game.
In Mariners News...
- TJ Cotterill of the Tacoma News Tribune recaps Edgar’s number retirement and discusses his Hall of Fame caliber career.
- Ryan Divish lists a few pitchers the Mariners could try to acquire while making a playoff push.
- Yesterday was officially recognized as Edgar Martinez Day by King County.
- Mitch Haniger scored twice and hit a dinger while rehabbing in Tacoma.
- Shae Simmons has only allowed two base runners in four rehab outings with the Rainiers.
- Mike Marjama knocked a pair of extra base hits to help lift Tacoma to a 10-9 win. Dan Vogelbach’s walk-off single was the difference maker.
Rainiers win 10-9 in 11!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 13, 2017
Pat Light 1IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, WIN
Mitch Haniger 1-3, HR, 2R, 2RBI, 2BB
Mike Marjama 2-5, HR, 3B, 4RBI
- Griefer Andrade slapped three doubles, but the AquaSox lost 11-10 in 11 innings.
AquaSox lose 11-10 in 11.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 13, 2017
Greifer Andrade 4-6, 3 2B, 4RBI
Eugene Helder 2-5, RBI, SF
Chris Torres 3-6, 3B, 3R, SB
Austin Grebeck 1-1, R, BB
Around the League...
- The Rockies signed Ryan Howard to a minor league deal.
Rockies announce the signing of Ryan Howard to a minor-league deal.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) August 12, 2017
- Ben Zobrist shares his thoughts on electronic strike zones.
- Bryce Harper fell to the ground with an apparent knee injury after attempting to leg out and infield single.
- Some of the best prep baseball players in the country are set to take place in today’s Perfect Game All-Star Classic.
- Even J.J. Watt suffers from pain in the roof of the mouth after eating too much cereal.