It wouldn't be August without a baseball-induced emotional rollercoaster, am I right?
On the bright side, it’s the weekend now. I encourage you to relax and enjoy these links.
In Mariners News...
- Listen to Rick Rizzs discuss post-season Edgar Martines.
- Read Larry Stone’s account of Edgar Martinez rising to Seattle stardom.
- The Mariners acquired Andrew Albers yesterday. Read some FanGraphs analysis on the organization’s newest pitcher.
- Ian Miller and Eric Filia top the Mariners Minors hits leaderboard.
MiLB Hits Leaders.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 12, 2017
Ian Miller 138
Eric Filia 136
Braden Bishop 132
Kyle Waldrop 128
Daniel Vogelbach 114
Chris Mariscal 112
Chuck Taylor 111
- Mariners’ 11th-round draft choice JP Sears has been lethal in his first 13 professional games.
- Seven scoreless innings from Nathan Bannister and a handful of extra base hits from Taylor Motter and Daniel Vogelbach elevated the Rainiers to a 6-2 win.
Rainiers win 6-2!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 12, 2017
Nathan Bannister 7IP, 5H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, WIN
Taylor Motter 1-3, HR, 2R, RBI, BB
Daniel Vogelbach 2-4, 2 2B, R, RBI
- Braden Bishop has reached base in 20 consecutive games with Arkansas.
Braden Bishop leadoff single to extend his on-base streak at Arkansas to 20 games.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 12, 2017
Around the League...
- Former Mariner Logan Morrison broke up a Carlos Carrasco no hitter last night.
- Giancarlo Stanton reached 40 home runs last night. He has five more dingers than anyone else in baseball.
- Take a deeper look at Stanton’s incredible season.
- Nolan Arenado is the first to 100 RBI this season. Nelson Cruz comes in at second on the list with 92.
- The Cardinals are swinging some of the hottest bats in baseball.
- Former Mariner Boog Powell got called up to the bigs for Oakland.
.@Athletics recall OF Boog Bowell, RHP Michael Bandy from Triple-A Nashville.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 11, 2017
- FiveThirtyEight analyzes streakiness in pitchers.
- Watch Yasiel Puig’s incredible throw from last night.
- The Huskies had their final open practice of the fall. Here are some pictures.