Well, after last night’s game the Mariners have lost five of their last six. The good news, however, is that the All-Star break is just around the corner, so we can all take a breather from this little stretch of tough luck. Let’s all hope the Mariners can give us one last victory before they get four games off. Here are some links to keep you busy until this afternoon’s game.
In Mariners News...
- Greg John’s looks at Ben Gamel’s success against left handers this season.
- Here’s an interview Evan White did with Scout.com.
- Andrew Moore faced more batters before issuing a walk than any pitcher in franchise history.
The #Mariners Andrew Moore began MLB career w/69 BF prior to issuing 1st BB (18 IP)...69 BF is longest streak to begin career in Ms history.— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) July 9, 2017
- The Modesto Nuts came out victorious in a 1-0 battle. Their pitching staff has been fantastic lately.
The @ModestoNuts pitching staff has been unreal in the last 14 games:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 9, 2017
11-3, 1.50ERA, 1 CG, 3 SHO, 4 SV, 132.1IP, 95H, 21BB, 120K.
- The AquaSox didn’t win last night, but Evan White had a three hit game, one of which was a dinger.
AquaSox lose 10-8.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 9, 2017
Evan White 3-4, HR, 3RBI, BB
Joe Venturino 3-5, R, RBI
Austin Grebeck 1-4, 3B, R, 3RBI
Joseph Rosa 0-2, R, 3BB
- Shawn O’Malley reached base twice in the second game of his rehab assignment with the AZL Mariners.
AZL M's lose 5-4.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 9, 2017
Jorge Benitez 2IP, 1H, 1R, BB, K
Shawn O'Malley 1-3, R, HBP, SB
DeAires Moses 3-4, 3B, 2R, 2SB
Connor Hoover 1-2, 2BB, SB
- The Rainiers lost both games of a double header last night. Tyler O’Neill left the first game early and missed the second with a leg injury.
Rainiers outfielder Tyler O'Neill left Game One in the 8th inning with a leg injury. No further info at this time. Scratched from G2 lineup.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) July 9, 2017
- A Dario Pizzano dinger helped elevate the Travelers to a 3-2 victory.
Travelers win 3-2!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 9, 2017
Lindsey Caughel 6.1IP, 1H, 2R, 3BB, 5K, WIN
Blake Perry 2IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, SV
Dario Pizzano 3-4, HR, 2RBI
- After building a 7-0 lead, the LumberKing held on and won 7-5.
Around the League...
- Phil Mason of the San Diego Padres has cruised through his first 13 MLB appearances with a fastball that spins a lot.
- Max Scherzer and Clayton Kershaw are good at getting whiffs.
Most first-half Ks since '00 …— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) July 9, 2017
Big Unit: 202 in '01
Big Unit: 198 in '00
Schilling: 186 in '02
Sale: 178 in '17 <<<
Scherzer: 173 in '17 <<< pic.twitter.com/gAVFmWUxdr
- The Giants honored Barry Bonds with a plaque in the Giants Wall of Fame.
- Jack Moore at The Hardball Times talks about replacing the draft with a free amateur market.
- This happened a few days ago, but former Husky Jack Meggs was Player of the Week for A’s minor league affiliate Vermont Lake Monsters.