Good morning and happy weekend, friends! I am reporting to you live from the future, because I am currently 10 hours ahead of those living on the West Coast. Here’s a picture of where I was about 24 hours ago:
The youngster with hair is me. The man without hair is my dad. Behind us is part of the Athens Acropolis. It’s very old, really hot, and pretty darn amazing all at once. Without further ado, I’ve gathered some links from the future. Please enjoy.
In Mariners News...
- Robinson Cano is now an eight-time all-star.
- The Mariners recalled Emilio Pagan, who has run a phenomenal 2.45 FIP in AAA this season.
The #Mariners have recalled RHP Emilo Pagan from AAA Tacoma. Optioned RHP Sam Gaviglio to Tacoma. Pagan available for tonight's game vs. A's— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) July 7, 2017
- Nelson Cruz launched the 300th homer of his career last night.
- Ryan Divish shares injury updates on Shae Simmons, Shawn O’Malley, and Kyle Lewis.
- Nick Neidert and Kyle Lewis cracked Baseball America’s top 100 midseason prospect list.
- Ian Miller is really fast. The Travellers would go on to win 3-0.
Ian Miller with his 160th career stolen base. #ARTravs— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 8, 2017
- Shawn O’Malley started his rehab assignment on Friday with the AZL Mariners, and played well.
AZL Mariners win 8-3!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 8, 2017
Cody Mobley 5.1IP, 2H, 1R, 3BB, 7K, WIN
Clay Chandler 2IP, 1H, 0R, BB, 3K
Shawn O'Malley 2-2, 3B, 3R, 3BB
- Evan White had an RBI single last night for the Aqua Sox. They went on to lose 9-7.
AquaSox lose 9-7.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 8, 2017
Juan Camacho 1-3, HR, 2R, 2RBI, BB
Johnny Adams 2-3, R, RBI, BB
Evan White 1-5, RBI
Aaron Stroosma 1-4, RBI
- Joe DeCarlo of the Modesto Nuts hit his fourth homer in five games. The Nuts won 6-1.
- Tyler O’Neill had a pair of hits in Tacoma’s 2-1 win last night.
Rainiers— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 8, 2017
Jonathan Aro 4IP, 1H, 1R, 2BB, 7K
Leonys Martin 3-5, RBI, SB
Tyler O'Neill 2-4
Danny Muno 2-3, R, BB, SB
D.J. Peterson 1-4, 2B
Around the League...
- Take a look at pitch framing trends across the league.
- Here’s the latest on the Shohei Otani sweepstakes.
- Terry Francona underwent a heart procedure Thursday afternoon. He will not coach the All-Star Game, but is expected to be ready for the second half of the season.
- Hunter Greene, who was drafted second overall this year, just signed with the Reds, earning a record-breaking signing bonus.
Source: Hunter Greene will receive a bonus of $7,230,000. Largest bonus ever, first player to go in top two picks and go over slot.— Zach Buchanan (@ZachENQ) July 7, 2017
- Watch Byron Buxton motor around the bases and score from first on a single.
- Bruce Feldman has been highlighting some of the NCAA’s most athletic football players. Washington Husky defensive lineman Vita Vea finished in the top 10.
- Former Husky Marquese Chriss scored 19 points in last night’s summer league game for the Suns.