Good morning, Mariners fans! It’s finally the weekend! Of all the things to do on the weekend, one of my favorites is reading some links. Take a look at a few below.
In Mariners News...
- Craig Edwards of FanGraphs takes a look at the Mariners and trade possibilities at the deadline.
- James Pazos talks about the key to returning his early season form.
- A Boog Powell homer and two-hit performance from Ian Miller highlighted a 4-3 win for the Rainiers. Miller has been impressive since being called up to Tacoma.
Ian Miller since promotion to Tacoma:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 29, 2017
6G, 11-23, 1 2B, 1 3B, 3R, 2RBI, BB, 2K, SB. #Rainiers
- Dario Pizzano and Tyler Marlette both hit solo dingers in a 6-2 loss for the Travelers.
Travelers lose 6-2.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 29, 2017
Dario Pizzano 2-4, HR, 2B, RBI
Seth Mejias-Brean 2-4, 2B
Tyler Marlette 1-4, HR, RBI
Braden Bishop 1-4
Joey Wong 1-3, BB
- Willie Argo tallied a pair of extra base hits and extended his hitting streak to three in Modesto’s 11-5 loss.
- The Everett AquaSox fell 5-0.
AquaSox lose 5-0.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 29, 2017
Michael Rivera 2.1IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, K
Onil Pena 1-2, BB
Eugene Helder 1-4
Greifer Andrade 0-1, BB
- JP Sears and Seth Elledge combined for five scoreless innings last night in a LumberKings win.
JP Sears & Seth Elledge pitched the last 5 innings of the LumberKings game & shut it down. 5IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 10K.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 29, 2017
- Seth Elledge earned his first professional win.
- The AZL Mariners’ 13-11 victory earned them a first half division title.
Congrats to the boys with the AZL Mariners on winning the first-half division title! Go get that ring!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 29, 2017
- The DSL Mariners fell 2-0.
DSL M's lose 2-0.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 28, 2017
Kelvin Nunez 7IP, 5H, 1ER, 0BB, 3K
Saul Cuenca 1IP, 0H, 0R, K
Dayeison Arias 1IP, 0H, 0R, 2K
Sebastian Ochoa 1-3, BB
Around the League...
- Andy Martin of the Huffington Post analyzes the cocaine problem in MLB.
- Here’s a closer look at Adrian Beltre’s road to 3000 hits.
- Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Robbie Ray was hit in the back of the head by a line drive. It sounds like he's doing alright, but is currently in the hospital.
- The Yankees regained the lead in the AL East as Masahiro Tanaka fanned a career-high 14 batters.
- Here’s a recap of Friday’s trades.
- Turns out the #GreatestSetting is also the #MostVersatileSetting.