Hello Mariner fans young and old! Welcome to my humble abode in the land of links. Today the Mariners are back in action against the New York Mets, which means if the M’s win I get to brag to all of my friends at school. Oh and also, the M’s are trying to make the playoffs. That’s kind of important too.
Anyway, let’s get to the links.
In Mariners news...
In Mariners minors news...
- This was Jonathan Mayo’s response when a reader asked him why Nick Neidert wasn’t in his midseason top 100 prospects.
- Look at Ian fly!
Ian Miller's first stolen base as a member of the Rainiers pic.twitter.com/hjqR4vbKcW— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) July 28, 2017
- I think Leonys might be ready for a call-up soon. Although I have no idea where he’d play anymore.
Leonys Martin just ripped a grand slam on an 0-2 pitch from tough lefty Wei-Chung Wang. He's been playing great for the last two months.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) July 28, 2017
Around the league...
- After rumors emerged that the Mariners were minor players for Lucas Duda, the Rays swiped him for a Double-A reliever.
- Ichiro wasn’t phased when a pitcher threw him a 45 mph eephus pitch to him.
- The Dodgers are probably going to be very good when this happens.
- Speaking of the Dodgers, former Mariner Brandon Morrow is finding new success at age 33 with Los Angeles. Jeff Sullivan breaks down his season.
- The Braves demoted former top prospect Dansby Swanson to the minor leagues. He had been their starting shortstop this season.
- The Nationals hit four straight home runs yesterday. Yikes.
- This rumor opened the floodgates on Mariners Twitter yesterday: the Marlins are looking to move starter Dan Straily.
- The Royals and Cubs are both making big moves for Blue Jays starter Francisco Liriano.
- Celebrating is dangerous. Judge lost his tooth in this moment.
- This is pretty impressive and also I forget how freaking tall some volleyball players are.