Good morning folks! As I’m writing this, the M’s are still somehow playing this baseball game against the Red Sox. What a wild game. A ton of things happened yesterday, so let’s get you started with some fresh links.
In Mariners news...
- Maple Grove and The Big Maple collided before the game yesterday. Here are the sights.
James Paxton meets with his "Maple Grove" fan club prior to today's game. pic.twitter.com/k2LXqDaZvZ— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) July 26, 2017
Members of the Maple Grove taking in BP. We are all suitably impressed. pic.twitter.com/tgolAoVfkQ— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) July 26, 2017
This is the beginning of a story for the ages pic.twitter.com/b5NGl8q9dg— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) July 26, 2017
Pax brought the Maple Grove some nickname-appropriate donuts pic.twitter.com/o5aO1vibWz— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) July 26, 2017
- Chris Mitchell gazes into the crystal ball to see the futures of Tyler O’Neill and Marco Gonzales.
- Marc W takes a look at the trades that Jerry Dipoto has made with the Mariners that involve pitchers.
In Mariners minors news...
- In case you missed it, Justin Seager was released from the Mariners farm system recently. Minors expert Bobby DeMuro will make you cry with his discussion on the middle Seager’s career and legacy. Justin was very appreciative of the piece.
- Kyle Lewis is the only M’s farmhand included in MLB’s midseason rankings of the top 100 prospects in baseball.
Around the league...
- Athletics Nation wants the A’s to trade away ace Sonny Gray.
- Taijuan Walker absolutely obliterated a baseball yesterday. Here’s the video and the stats on the blast.
- Blue Jays pitcher Cesar Valdez got his second career MLB win yesterday. When was his first MLB win? In 2010.
- In other cool minor league journeymen news, Edward Paredes garnered the victory last night his MLB debut. He’s 30 years old.
- The Rangers appear to be dedicated to the core.
Rangers players are making it known: They want the front office to keep the team together to try to win in 2017.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 26, 2017
- Jose Altuve might be the new favorite for American League MVP, writes David Schoenfeld.
- Noah Syndergaard says he’s made some changes in his life to prevent dumb future injuries (OK, maybe I’m paraphrasing).
- Buster Olney takes a look into certain GM relationships that might lead to more trades than others.
- Bartolo Colon is old.
Bartolo Colon has now faced 3 father/son combos in his career:— Andrew Mearns (@MearnsPSA) July 25, 2017
1) Cody & Clay Bellinger
2) Prince & Cecil Fielder
3) Eric Young Sr. & Jr.
- John Lackey pegged four White Sox hitters in yesterday’s game.
- The Red Sox made a deal with the Giants, sending Eduardo Nunez to Boston.
- What the heck?
Dodgers prospect Alex Verdugo hit a 385-foot homer at AAA tonight: 360 feet off the bat, 25 feet off Zach Borenstein's head. Holy Canseco. pic.twitter.com/2KzTtvcTpF— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 26, 2017
- Katie Ledecky is still out here, kicking ass.