Good morning and a cheerful summer Tuesday to you. The Mariners beat the Red Sox last night. Life is good.
In Mariners news...
- Wrapping up the Espinosa move:
#Mariners clear space for Espinosa on 40-man roster by shifting Iwakuma to 60-day DL. It's a paper move; Kuma has already been out 60 days.— Bob Dutton (@TNT_Mariners) July 24, 2017
- The Maple Grove is continuing to grow and evolve with every home start for James Paxton. The team literally put a red maple tree in the left field bleachers. It even made Sports Illustrated!
With James 'Big Maple' Paxton on the mound tonight, the Mariners put an actual maple tree in the stands https://t.co/BAl9OiiVM3— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) July 25, 2017
- And here are just a bunch of lovely members of the LL/Mariners twitter community being the best damn fans they can be:
MLB official account got in on it, too
In Mariners minors news...
- Rainiers won! Marco Gonzales got his first victory in Tacoma.
- Travelers won!
Ryan Kelly closes it out after NW Ark. made a run! TRAVS WIN! TRAVS WIN! Shoot off the victory fireworks!— Arkansas Travelers (@ARTravs) July 25, 2017
NW Ark. 3
- Nuts won!
Nuts win 7-1!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 25, 2017
Bryan Bonnell 3.1IP, 1H, 0R, BB, 5K, WIN
Jordan Cowan 3-4, 2R, SB
Gianfranco Wawoe 2-4, 3B, R, 3RBI, SB
Kyle Lewis 1-2, R
But, also....(tugs at collar)
Per Jerry Dipoto: Kyle Lewis was removed w/ knee soreness. No structural issue. He'll be reevaluated again tomorrow. He's day to day.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 25, 2017
- Lumberkings lost :(
LumberKings lose 8-6.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 25, 2017
Seth Elledge 1IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, 3K
Joe Rizzo 3-5, HR, 2R, 2RBI
Bryson Brigman 2-5, 2B, R
Luis Rengifo 2-5, RBI, SB
- AquaSox won!
AquaSox win 13-8!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 25, 2017
Jose Santiago 5IP, 3H, 3R, 2ER, 3BB, 6K, WIN
Paul Covelle 1.1IP, 2H, 1R, 0BB, 2K
Johnny Adams 2-4, HR, 3R, 3RBI, HBP
Around the league...
- You may have seen this Hardball Times piece a few days ago, but I’m posting it anyways because it’s hilarious and I hate the Angels.
- Have you been regularly reading Short Relief? You should read Short Relief regularly.
- Cody Bellinger just can’t stop hitting home runs:
It looks like Cody Bellinger is reading the graphic and even he can't believe how many homers he's hit. pic.twitter.com/oJfTGCcQ3G— SB Nation (@SBNation) July 25, 2017
- A year ago yesterday, Ken Griffey, Jr. was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. I was lucky enough to be there in person with my dad and we sweated it out in the blistering East Coast humidity as Griffey also sweated his way through an slightly awkward, but heartfelt speech. Being there for his induction and getting to see the Hall of Fame in person was an unforgettable and just plain fun experience that I will always cherish in my memories.