Good morning everyone! This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the last series:
yormer fankee— Reo (@reoisrad) July 23, 2017
But it’s alright, because the M’s will face a much worse team next with a much less annoying fan base. Wait, what?
Rats. Long live James Paxton.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners might be getting some more relief help soon!
Evan Marshall tosses a 1-2-3 inning in his 1st rehab game for the AZL Mariners.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 24, 2017
- In case you missed it, the M’s signed infielder Danny Espinosa to a major league deal.
In Mariners minors news...
- Holy Kyle Lewis! The outfielder has been on fire since returning to action with the Modesto Nuts. He hit two home runs for the club yesterday. The team ended up losing, though.
Kyle Lewis since rejoining Modesto:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 24, 2017
3G, 6-12, 3HR, 7RBI, BB, 2K, SB. #GoNuts
- The Aquasox blew out Boise last night 11-5. The hitters in particular have been killing it in the last week.
- We’ll get our first taste of Marco Gonzales today.
SP on Monday.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 24, 2017
TAC: Marco Gonzales
ARK: Anthony Misiewicz
MOD: Tyler Jackson
CLI: Danny Garcia
EVE: Jose Santiago
DSL: Elias Espino
Around the league...
- A top Red Sox prospect will make his MLB debut against the M’s. This should go well.
Big news. Dave Dombrowski just announced the @RedSox are calling up top prospect Rafael Devers. Will make first start on Tuesday in Seattle.— Ian Browne (@IanMBrowne) July 23, 2017
- Speaking of the Red Sox, David Price apparently got extremely offended when Dennis Eckersley criticized him on air, ostracizing Eckersley from the clubhouse and effectively turning the team against him.
- The Rangers have a ton of options regarding Yu Darvish for the upcoming trade deadline. A number of teams are interested in the ace.
- Oh Mark Trumbo...I really don’t miss your defense.
- Ice Cube led Wrigley Field in a raring rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame.
- The Yankees traded infielder Rob Refsnyder to the Blue Jays.
- This 5-year-old used his once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet an MLB player to kick him.
Dee Gordon got no love from this Reds fan. pic.twitter.com/qQsChDllj9— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 23, 2017
- Clayton Kershaw has developed a lower back injury and will probably hit the disabled list.
- Zach Britton recorded his 55th straight save last night, which set a record in the American League. Meanwhile in the NL, Kenley Jansen’s streak ended at 34 saves.
- Topps will no longer produce baseball cards with the Chief Wahoo logo on them.
- The Rockies Twitter account brought the FIRE yesterday.