Good morning Mariners fans! Yesterday we got some concrete trade news surrounding our favorite professional franchise. I wouldn’t be surprised if the team adds a starter before the deadline is complete. And although the stupid Yankees defeated the M’s yesterday, there’s always another game today. Here are some links to get you prepared for the face-off.
In Mariners news...
- Jeff Sullivan is a fan of the David Phelps acquisition, and believes that the reliever is better than he has shown this season.
- Hey, the M’s are first in something! (Last in something? I dunno).
In our poll, just 0.5% of respondents said the Mariners were their least favorite team. Lowest in the country cc @nate_cohn.— (((Harry Enten))) (@ForecasterEnten) July 19, 2017
- Marc W wonders if the Mariners could turn Phelps back into a starter.
In Mariners minors news...
- I promise you this isn’t a repeat tweet. He actually hit two more homers yesterday.
- Our friend Brayan is moving up in the world.
- The now Brayan-free Everett Aquasox won in a 13-11 thriller thanks to the help of David Banuelos.
Around the league...
- Congrats Taijuan!
.@Dbacks place RHP Taijuan Walker on Paternity List; recall RHP Matt Koch from Triple-A Reno.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) July 20, 2017
- Sports Illustrated did a neat little feature on everyone’s favorite MLB umpire: Joe West.
- Dave Sims is among a group of broadcasters who were interviewed about how to call a no-hitter in an article by Awful Announcing.
- Buster Olney takes a glance at some teams that are caught in the crossroads between buying and selling, including the Mariners. Although I think it’s pretty safe to assume the M’s are buying.
- Somehow, Twins closer Brandon Kintzler is a stud in his role without striking out a lot of players. This is a definite rarity in this day and age.
- Amazingly, Corey Seager has made history with the most career home runs for a Dodgers shortstop. How the hell is that possible?
- Cody Bellinger is totally fine with Lonzo Ball taking all of the Los Angeles media attention from him.
- The Tampa Bay Rays have cut ties with Danny Farquhar.
- Speaking of former Mariners (and former Rays), Nate Karns just underwent season-ending surgery.
- Seattle Storm star and nationally renowned basketball sensation Sue Bird came out as gay. She also announced that she is dating Seattle soccer superstar Megan Rapinoe.