Good morning everyone! Unfortunately the M’s were unable to pull out a win yesterday against the Astros. I guess you can’t win ‘em all. But more importantly, why the heck are the Mariners so quiet this year at the trade deadline? I want some deals, man. Or at least whispers of possible deals. So far we’ve been left with basically nothing regarding the M’s. Oh well. Maybe something juicy will get drummed up today. Until then, here are some links to keep you occupied.
In Mariners news...
- So...as I was saying about Shae yesterday...
RHP Shae Simmons was supposed to pitch for AAA Tacoma last night on his rehab stint, but was scratched with arm soreness per sources.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 18, 2017
- This is interesting, but it’s just about the only trade rumor that I’ve heard all summer regarding the M’s.
In Mariners minors news...
- This caught a lot of people by surprise, but the Mariners’ top pitching prospect is headed to Double-A! Remember, the kid is just 20 years old.
Congrats to @nick_elite2 on the promotion to Double-A Arkansas!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 18, 2017
- Meanwhile, Tyler O’Neill hit two more bombs for Tacoma yesterday. He’s been incredible recently.
Tyler O'Neill, since 6/17: .303/.415/.652 for a 170 wRC+.— Colin O'Keefe (@colinokeefe) July 18, 2017
Around the league...
- Looks like some bad news for the Astros...
Astros have placed Carlos Correa on the 10-day disabled list with a torn ligament in his left thumb. He is expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks.— Houston Astros (@astros) July 18, 2017
- There were rumors that J.D. Martinez would be on the move after he was scratched from last night’s game with an injury. The outfielder is indeed on the move. He’s headed to Arizona to join a potent Diamondbacks lineup.
- Somehow New Jersey governor Chris Christie wound up with a foul ball at the Mets game yesterday.
- The Yankees made a blockbuster move by acquiring Todd Frazier, David Robertson, and Tommy Kahnle from the White Sox for Blake Rutherford and others.
- This might be moot now that the Yankees have Frazier, but New York was in discussions with Oakland for Yonder Alonso pretty recently.
- Top infield prospect Dansby Swanson is losing his starting shortstop spot with the Braves and might even be demoted to Triple-A, which Talking Chop is not too happy about.
- Abraham Almonte — remember him? — hit the longest home run ever recorded in the Statcast era.
- Aaron Judge has not gotten off to a very strong start in the second half, but Pinstripe Alley isn’t concerned.
- Bartolo Colon returned to MLB action yesterday with a start for the Twins.
- Odubel Herrera batflipped towards the wrong dugout.
A new one from Odubel Herrera, a post-walk bat flip toward the wrong dugout. You can see the second he realizes the mistake. pic.twitter.com/QrWn3ckhdE— Ben Harris (@byBenHarris) July 19, 2017
- This is somewhat interesting as an article but more importantly, why are the northeastern states so unnecessarily distorted on the map?